Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Pmt

2»

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 61 ✭✭Orlie

Hiya... I know how ya feel gal! Just before my T.O.M. I used to be SO depressed. I used to get REALLY sick, fail exams, fight with friends etc... NOT TO MENTION THE BLOODY CRAMPS!

But, i went on the pill, and it really helped. I NEVER even get a cramp anymore! A few friends of mine were prescribed the pill for this problem. Plus it also regulates your cycle, and thas always a good thing!

Look into it girl! It mightn't be the solution for you but at least its worth a try.

Another thing that worked for a while was alternative medicine. If you don't like the idea of the pill, then get to your nearest alternative GP and sort yourself out! It can get expensive though! And ya also have to go on a nasty diet!

Good Luck, whatever you try!

:)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,648 ✭✭✭smiles

I'm almost certain you can't get the pill over the counter, you need to see a doctor who'll check out all the catagories and see which type of pill would be best for you, and if you are at risk from any adverse side-effects.

<< Fio >>

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 166,026 ✭✭✭✭LegacyUser

well i finally went to the doc and she reackons i mite have a bit of a hormone imbalance so she put me on a hormone tablet called Primolut, and said to try them for 3 months to see if they will work. she said though they mite not really help the pain but that was the whole point of going to her in the 1st place! however i agreed to try them for the 3 months. just wondered has n e 1 else ever tried them and do they work??

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,813 ✭✭✭sunbeam

Did she actually do a blood test? If you do have a hormone imbalance it is important to be sure of what kind of imbalance it is.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 166,026 ✭✭✭✭LegacyUser

no, she said that cases like this can SOMETIMES be caused my progeserton being too low so these tablets should regulate that. i didnt like the way she said they mite not help the pain though. that was the whole point of going to her in the 1st place! she said though that they should stop me being so depressed. she also said that i should continue taking the aulin along with them but i had already told her that they dont really have n e effect on me, so she told me to try the soluble form. so i gave in! tbh i thought she'd put me on the pill and at this stage i'm prepared to do that. but if these work then happy dayz!!

i had to get a blood test taken for a different complaint n e way but she sent me to the nurse for that. and if i hadnt mentioned it to her she wouldnt have to me! is it just me or is she being a bit negligent....?!

• Advertisement
Advertisement