Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Snowball account, not working

• 10-03-2003 9:25pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 9

I just got a text from Snowball asking me to post asking could someone please look into his account. He can't post, quote or start a thread in any forum, well I asume he did not try them all but you get the picture. He said he can surf, so he will be able to read this thread.

Can someone please look into it?

Spanking you very much

Comments

• Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 10,501 Mod ✭✭✭✭ecksor

For some reason his account is listed as awaiting confirmation via e-mail. As in, he hasn't activated it. Since he has quite a few posts on boards already, I'm assuming that this is an error somewhere, but I'll wait until tomorrow before changing anything in case it isn't.

• Business & Finance Moderators, Entertainment Moderators Posts: 32,387 Mod ✭✭✭✭DeVore

No, he changed the email account associated with that username and he has to Authentic it by clicking on the link in the mail we sent him as a result.

Its to stop people signing up with a real email and then changing their email address subsequently to hide who they are.

Just tell him to login to his email and click the link.

DeV.

• Business & Finance Moderators, Entertainment Moderators Posts: 32,387 Mod ✭✭✭✭DeVore

ps: you can tell him to mentally apologise for mentally assuming I had banned him in some fit of power madness :)

Nothing so dramatic...

DeV.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 9 Dritz

Thanx, I'll ring im now. I dont think he though he was banned. He said he changed his email and since then he could not post. suppose he shpould have checked his email. Thanx devore.

P.S: By the way devore, whats with the "Bastard operator from hell" thing??? u a naughty boy??

oh and by the way, this thing, the bulleten community boards.ie, is pretty nice. should start saying stuff. u people on line all the time?

• Advertisement

Just rang him and he says that he cannot find some link he needs. tink I'll let'em use my acc for a while.

Snowball here,

Could someone(if they have the time) please re-send the activate link please.

Dev, I though for a mo that I might have encurred a temp bann but then realised that it happend after I changed email. dunno why ur raggin on my so much lately man. If i've offended u i'd take it back but dunno what it is..............

I'm not raggin on you, I was joking because I could see you thinking you were banned (like anyone would).

I'll send you the activation code again.

DeV.

Snowball here,

Thanx DeV

Snowball here again:

ok, found acivation link and used it, well the 1st 2 links did not work but the last one did (where u enter ur sign-in name and then t he activation number) and enterd the details and it said that I was activated. So I signed in and tryed to post. Still not workin. Iz done something wrong, help?

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 10,501 Mod ✭✭✭✭ecksor

vbulletin records you as being registered. You aren't banned from any forums that I can see. What exactly happens when you try to post?

Advertisement