Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Ruby - A useful tools to catalog your CDs

Options
  • 10-03-2003 9:40pm
    Registered Users Posts: 1,766 ✭✭✭

I came across a useful software CD cataloging program there last december called Ruby at http://www.warpengine.com/ .I'd recommend it especially if you have about 20-30 Cds and you can't remember where you put that lastest program but you swear you back it up 5 CDs ago. :) It can read you CDs and add to a database automatically keeping your lists up todate. Also able to export them to .csv files. Very light weight which I like.

Anybody come something similar or how you manage to keep track of your stuff/downloads/software/patches? Excel, Access?

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 16,339 ✭✭✭✭tman

i use a freeware program called maxlister, sounds like the same thing as ruby, don't know how i ever coped without it tbh.

half of my cd's are helpfully labeled 'stuff x' or 'mp3's x', tis an almighty headfvck trying to find stuff on them without maxlister

Advertisement