Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Roger, Wilko and OUT!

• 10-03-2003 11:23pm
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,726 ✭✭✭✭

So Wilkinson and Cotterill are gone. The daftest managerial appointment ever.

BTW, McCarthy has been seen in Sunderland today.

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 88,972 ✭✭✭✭mike65

Damn You! Damn You To Hell :D

I was going to use that headline!!!

On Topic - I dont think it'll make a blind bit of difference though...

Mike.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,726 ✭✭✭✭DMC

Dont worry Mike, it'll be on the back of The Sun tomorrow too! :D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,832 ✭✭✭Waylander

Doesn't matter noww who they hire. Theya re going down, and deservedly so, sacking Reid to hire Wilkinson was one of the daftest decisions ever. Only one thing was ever going to result from that decision. I do feel a bit sorry for Cotterhill. He did have a future before he made that gamble.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 679 ✭✭✭ciano

It was a bit of a surprise alright, but Sunderland are as good as gone, so I suppose they're willing to try anything at the moment!

BTW it would be great to see McCarthy at a relatively big club .... he deserves it.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,392 ✭✭✭jonno

I say bring Peter Reid back. He should never have been ousted in the first place. Awful bad decision. Sunderland are seven points from staying up so it looks liek it's too late. But then again, you can't tell

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 9,438 ✭✭✭TwoShedsJackson

Well it was ridiculous sacking Reid and then bringing in Wilko, who has totally lost it these days - if McCarthy has any sense he won't touch this job - at least one season in Division One (probably longer), and no money to spend??

However, as a Newcastle fan I feel obliged to say 'HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHHA' serves the bloody mackems right :)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 607 ✭✭✭dougal

Sunderland are ok they get won't lose too many players after relegation as they don't have too many big names.
    They shoulf be able to do well enough in the nationwide next year!
    Wilkinson being appointed has to be the worst decision in footballing history.
    McCarthy has got a chance to prove he isn't a complete waste of space now.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,219 ✭✭✭plastic membrane

Kevin Kilbane must be a happy man this morning. McCarthy loves him. Nobody else does. anyway, best of luck Mick, flawed though you might be.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,476 ✭✭✭Samba

Kevin Kilbane must be a happy man this morning. McCarthy loves him. Nobody else does. anyway, best of luck Mick, flawed though you might be.

Quinn refers to him as the David Beckham of Ireland :)

• Registered Users Posts: 2,164 ✭✭✭Space Coyote

I was watching Sky News last night and the presenter said..."Up next the sport, with more on Howard Wilkinson's sacking".

Classic, i think he meant it too.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 9,438 ✭✭✭TwoShedsJackson

according to football365, Mick McCarthy will be named as new manager this afternoon - the comedy continues!! :)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 640 ✭✭✭knobbles

well i hope mick does well even if they are destined for the nationwide next year, good to see him at a big club

Advertisement