Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Site Review, please?

Options
  • 11-03-2003 12:09am
    Registered Users Posts: 2,651 ✭✭✭

Hey all,
    been a while since i posted for your review/help here.

here's the latest:
    http://www.ittkarting.com

what ya's think, any improvements and ideas on how to make it more popular. Using it primarily for the Karting club with 102 members, only begining to get it known now.

How would i make it bigger/ more popular. To people outside the Karting club.

Anything you don't like or something you think could make it better.

All ideas comments appreciated.

Thanks as usual,
    Alan.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 5,538 ✭✭✭PiE

Nothing bad to say about it, it does what it says on the tin etc, but just one question; Why are you trying to get the attention of people outside the Karting Club? Surely they're the only ones who would want to look at a ITT Karting site?!

Unless you're trying to encourage more people to join up, in which case I'd add an introductory page, telling people when/where you race, the people and costs involved etc.

If you already have that, sorry, I haven't signed up, just had a quick look :)

• Registered Users Posts: 2,372 ✭✭✭Illkillya

how about a picture of a kart somewhere? I remember the old site was cool because of a great image on the front page of pinnochio in a kart or something. This new one looks a tad bland and lacking in personality, and I don't like the borders in the menu along the top or in the "welcome to ITTKarting part", and the colours in the nav (girly blue and ugly orange) don't really go together imo and are dodgy colours to begin wtih, but thats just me being picky. Content is v.good I'm sure, and loads of room to add stuff... I can't see how you could make it appeal to nonITTers, unless its people from other karting clubs.

ps. OWNED by CIT.

pps. make sure and get the sheets from Eamo in future :mad:

• Registered Users Posts: 3,941 ✭✭✭pclancy

great website, very comprehensive and as was said before me, do add an intro/overview page for new members. Maybe slightly more colour/graphics, the site appears more functional then fun and the purpose of a club is to have fun so maybe the site should be a bit more exciting. Dont mind me though, it does its job very well!!!

Cheers,

• Registered Users Posts: 2,281 ✭✭✭DeadBankClerk

the links across the top:
    when you 'mouse over' the text colours could be better the red on blue is difficult to see

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,525 ✭✭✭JustHalf

Looks like a bog-standard PHPNuke install to me.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 7,739 ✭✭✭mneylon

Why don't you make the link back to PhpNuke a bit smaller? We all know you're using a CMS, a small text link would be enough

• Registered Users Posts: 2,651 ✭✭✭Spunog UIE

ah ya, just tryin to stick the college logo in there, it does need to be made a bit smaller alright, try tidy that up.
    does what it says on the tin

glad ya said that pretty much hit the nail on the head. Using php-nuke cos its a lot handier to update it basically can do everything from college with out jumping through hoops to get passed their proxy.

Yup changed the links over colour earlier but forgot about the box over colour.
    Illkillya:
    karting pic

yup will have a nice looking kart etc in the main banner on the top so it will be on everypage :), only a temp there now

JustHalf you say nuke like its a bad thing, think its come along nicely, maybe your just bored of them i dunno, i think its pretty sweet and was just wondering about my little changes etc' and overall use feel of the site, and avoid anything that was really badly done.

Cheers all,
    Alan.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,315 ✭✭✭ballooba

Gideon, check your PMs.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,097 ✭✭✭mada999

yeah not a bad site. It looks very businessy though, it doesnt look fun! why not stick some pictures in as the lads suggested above, a picture of a go-kart! maybe get a few free web go karting games!

It's a well layed out site though, i think content is lacking though. But it's only a new site so you'll have a loot more soon, v good!

• Registered Users Posts: 2,651 ✭✭✭Spunog UIE

thanks for all the feedback, have made a few changes as you have suggested.

While I think it has a bit to go yet with the customising and making it a bit more "fun" and less formal, i'm begining to like it more myself, and I am quite pleased with it.

Sooooooooo, anybetter, or did i over kill with the intro thing?

Cheers,
    Alan.

• Advertisement
Advertisement