Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

PortmarnockWAN

• 11-03-2003 12:38am
    Closed Accounts Posts: 5

Hola,
    I'm sorry if this thread has found itself on this board before, but I wish to make available the outline of a plan currently being chartered to bring down the cost of DSL in the Portmarnock area.

Currently, Via.Networks (www.vianetworks.ie) SOHO package offer DSL (digital Subscriber Line) Broadband Internet access at a monthly fee of 133/month euro ex. installation fee.

In my current state, I have access to wireless technology and wish to offer anyone within the Portmarnock area a chance to avail of this DSL service with me for half the cost!

My plan is simple:

Construct a wide area network (WAN) using 802.11b (wireless) technology, linking small networks (or pcs) together. Once the WAN is in place and operational, we can register DSL with Via.Networks and share out the DSL among those logged into the WAN.

Of course the monthly fees shall be split, but if two people agree to go ahead with this, it shall only cost 44.33 euro / month for 24/7 broadband internet access. etc

I am willing to begin testing for wireless connectivity around the Portmarnock Area immediately. If anyone is interested, please contact me ASAP.

Regards,

Comments

Advertisement