Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Full Inbox - query

Options
  • 11-03-2003 12:09pm
    Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 42,362 Mod ✭✭✭✭

I don't have that many private messages, however when someone sends me a PM I get a notice telling me my inbox is full, the amount seems to change as to how many I can keep regularly, which is confusing. Can anyone tell me how many I am allowed to keep without this happening and more to the point, what are the chances of me having more space to keep the messages??
    Post edited by Shield on

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 42 Abraxas

Maybe it's the Sent Items folder that's clogging it up? Or when you view your folders, that you aren't seeing all messages because of the "Show messages from xx" date?
    Apologies if you've tried this already. :)

• Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 42,362 Mod ✭✭✭✭Beruthiel

Originally posted by Abraxas
    Maybe it's the Sent Items folder that's clogging it up? Or when you view your folders, that you aren't seeing all messages because of the "Show messages from xx" date?
    Apologies if you've tried this already. :)

me not being a puter head, I did not realise that the sent folder had anything to do with my inbox being full! thanks for the tip abraxas :)

No problem Beruthiel, glad I could help. I think the default setting is to save a copy of each message you send so your quota's used up without you knowing it. ;)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,025 ✭✭✭yellum

I might as well add my suggestion to this thread besides creating another one..

You know what really annoying ? Sending some a very long pm and then their inbox is full. The message you sent does not get stored in sent items so you never get a copy of it. 15 minutes of typing and serious thought destroyed !

Would it be possible to either have an unsent items folder in the mailbox or when you click on the pm user option theres a check to see if their inbox is full ?

I don't think vBulletin have any immediate plans to incorporate that feature, though it would be very useful. It's happened to most of us at some stage. :)

• Advertisement
Advertisement