Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Please note that it is not permitted to have referral links posted in your signature. Keep these links contained in the appropriate forum. Thank you.

https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2055940817/signature-rules

Fiat Punto Trade In - Any ideas?

Options
  • 11-03-2003 12:47pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 931 ✭✭✭

My wife has a 95 3rd Fiat Punto 55 in good nick, with NCT and all the usual stuff.

I'm thinking about trading it in against a new car for her. Anyone got an idea of how much I should expect for it? Thanks in advance.

c0y0te

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 42 Abraxas

Unless you're trading in to a Fiat dealer, you're not likely to get much for it and would be better off selling it privately.

If you want to use this a guide, I was helping a friend buy a first car and he picked up a '96 5 door version of yours (privately) with 60k miles for €2000. The Fiat dealer in Blanch is looking for €3250 for a similar model, only exception being that it's a '97.

• Registered Users Posts: 19,518 ✭✭✭✭Krusty_Clown

Unfortunately, Fiat Puntos do not hold their value, particularly in the context of trade-ins..

for a '95, depending on mileage and features (i.e. No. doors / power steering) expect between €1.5K AND €2.5K..

Have a look in the buy and sell, for guideline prices.. You will be offered less for a trade-in.. Dealers do not want these cars!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 931 ✭✭✭c0y0te

I'd be happy with anything between 1 and 2K to be honest. Tis a grand car, low mileage and spent most of the time outside the house 'cause my wife couldn't afford to park it in town, so she gets the bus in instead:)

c0y0te

Advertisement