Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

My god!!!

• 11-03-2003 12:54pm
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,172 ✭✭✭

Has anybody else seen the new Marshall Mode Four amp?

It's in the new issue of Total Guitar.

It's rated at 350W rms!

That's right 350W RMS!!!! :eek:

It kicks serious ass.

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,985 ✭✭✭✭Giblet

Yeah there supposed to arrive in Musicmaker soon, and they sure kick ass!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,256 ✭✭✭Molly

Giblet check your pms !

482741.jpg

Oh baby

482749.jpg

3000 dollars, and it's yours!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,172 ✭✭✭Don1

1200 approx in Ingerland with the half stack.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,975 ✭✭✭Oeneus

How much for just the head?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,136 ✭✭✭Pugsley

If I was a rich bugger or any good, Id buy that, but I'm neither of those, so I'll give it a miss :)

The Head will set you back a grand.
    That's a full 4x12 400w stack underneath it. :>

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,306 ✭✭✭NeMiSiS

Was playing one yesterday.
    You cant just buy the head,you have to buy the cab aswell..its a special cab with extra bass response..I nearly bought one yesterday bar that fact..I have a JCM 1960 4*12 angeld cab thats pretty much useless with it..perfectly good kick ass ****ing cab like..

So your looking at the best part of 2 grand ish well 1800 for the 400 watt cab,comes in two setups the head plus 400 watt cab,or the head with two i think 250 watt cabs..which is the one in your the pic above..I played it with that exact setup yesterday..

Nice amp I gotta say..its more 2 amps in one rather than 4,theres a clean,a crunch and overdrive 1 and 2,also theres a switch for 'solo' which is essientially an overdrive pedal it can up any channel by up to 60db. And then theres 3 types of mid scoops ..
    under the 'Tonality' switch.

I think Marshall are plugging this amp to compete with those Mesa Boogie Triple Rectifier Amps,see : http://www.mesaboogie.com/Product_Info/Rectifier_Series/Triple_Rectifier/triple_rectifier.html . Its more "NU Metal" than rock,that being said I didnt try it with my Les Paul I tried it with a BC Rich something or other Bitch maybe..,but I will and then Il report back..gimmie 10 days. It sounds kinda trashy Metalica'esk.

If your after a more Nu Metal sound go for it,if your after rock..get yourself a Marshall JCM TSL 110H,which is gonna be my next investment,sounds alot ..Bigger.. than the Mode 4 .

In summary :

Having to buy the specific cab - Rip Off
    Want Nu Metally sound get a Mesa Boogie Triple Rectifier amp.
    Nice amp some kewl features but overpriced
    Will give it a blast next time im in dub with my Les Paul and tell ya how it sounded.
    O and its not valve its solid state.. so valve amps will always sound way bigger than it !
    NeM

• Closed Accounts Posts: 149 ✭✭Jaicster

Heh that amp looked good til nemisis destroyed it with the term "NU-Metal"
    What do u mean my Nu-Metal ... Low End or fuzzy over the top overdrive.

I Still need to buy a Head + Cab and the JMC's come highly recomended by every one i talk to.

And i want a backup guitar and i want a POD XT with the short board,
    So thats 3 things and i can only afford 1

Heh some1 suggested get the POD coz that can simulate the amp.

These overcharging companies will turn me to a life of crime.

On the Subject of crime Don't leave any equipment alone in TBMC or you'll hear "Yoink" when your back is turned

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,306 ✭✭✭NeMiSiS

I mean trashy not rock sound..like I dunno overkill on mids,muddy.. etc.. ill bring a minidisc and record it when next I bump into that amp :P

As for JCM's they are beasts..allways have and allways will be pure ****ing tone heaven..but you'll need a cab too unless your buying the JCM combo yoke, I have no idea how much that is

The TSL 100h is 1169 on sale at the moment in Music Maker..actully just to step off topic for a sec..

Remeber that thread about them all being assholes in MM ? Yesterday I dont think they have possible been any nicer to me,realy helpful guy with the amps and then upstairs asking about recording equipment yer man was bang on too. The real assholes we're in Waltons..I wanted a new wah specifically the Boss digital wah,and the guy that helped me was a total ****ing asshole,I asked to try it and he straight away asked me 'do you want to buy it?' like what the **** kinda dickheads are they..Ive been in guitar shops in The States where you go in you can pick up a $5000 guitar,plug it into a $3000 amp and no one gives a ****,off topic but I think MM have copped on thats all..

Where was I ? O yeh ok..The pod line 6 ****ing kicks ass..but you still need to put it through some sort of medium..as in speakers or an amp ..or a p.a. Speakers are grand..p.a. is ****ing deadly..amps + pod line 6 tend to sound a ****ty because its very hard to get a nuetral sound from an amp..,Jaicster you heard the stuff I did with the Line 6 didnt you ?

I saw a JCM 900 head with a 4*12 cab for e1000 in the buy + sell..thats ****ing good value like..else you could invest in one of the AVT range Marshalls which is what I have the 275..is what I have at the moment..does the job..very very well.. and they are on sale in Music Maker right at the minute but I think that sale ends soon

As for a backup guitar..thats your own personal choice..

NeM

• Advertisement

Yeah a 100w all valve will blow the shit out of a 350w solid state.

It's still a class amp though. I want to try some JCM's the next time i'm there, so to compare.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 389 ✭✭Morello

Originally posted by Jaicster
    Heh that amp looked good til nemisis destroyed it with the term "NU-Metal"
    What do u mean my Nu-Metal ... Low End or fuzzy over the top overdrive.

I Still need to buy a Head + Cab and the JMC's come highly recomended by every one i talk to.

And i want a backup guitar and i want a POD XT with the short board,
    So thats 3 things and i can only afford 1

Heh some1 suggested get the POD coz that can simulate the amp.

These overcharging companies will turn me to a life of crime.

On the Subject of crime Don't leave any equipment alone in TBMC or you'll hear "Yoink" when your back is turned

The POD XT is excellent but you do need a good amp to back it up

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,172 ✭✭✭Don1

It's main job is to do that low 'n' dirty stuff but as usual Marshall didn't just build a one trick pony. It has an excellent clean channel and has a very wide variety of overdriven sound from crunch to to turbo fuzz. The demo's on the Total Guitar CD show off all of this.

Advertisement