Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Duff is going nowhere - and Keane's an outcast!

• 11-03-2003 1:09pm
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,333 ✭✭✭

I grew up down the street from Damien Duff - never paid him much attention - he was always, and I mean ALWAYS kicking a ball against the wall in his cul-de-sac - anyway - was at a wedding last week with his sister, and I asked her what the crack was with all the clubs he's being linked with... she said that he's a quiet lad (same as I remember) and that he's a bit shy and moving to a big club after it taking him this long to settle in Blackburn (which he now loves) is just not going to happen in the forseeable future...

She reckons maybe MAYBE 2 or 3 years down the line he could move - but definitely not this season or the next...

Dream on Scousers!

Also - I asked her about the whole Keane saga and how the team thought of it? Apparently the whole team found him really difficult to deal with, he wouldn't even eat dinner with them! The general vibe was that they were happy he was gone as he was VERY unpopular and had a really bad effect on unity. Whatever about his (I think legitimate) disrespect for McCarthy, Keane showed no respect for his teammates either and we should be happy to be rid of the crock (dodgy hipped thug that he is) - maybe Kerr will bring some togetherness and discipline to the national side now (well, discipline? Brian 'go on have a pint' Kerr?)

So, Liverpools creativity and width problems continue - Martin O'Neill to take over at Anfield anyone?

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,240 ✭✭✭hussey

Well I was talking to a guy who is on the arsenal mailing list and he is close friends with Ashley Cole .. now after the Utd Vs Ars game, AC went to say 'Bad Luck ould Chap' to Rio F, and he said ... the rest people should know :)

well my point is that everyone knows that Keane was/is a loner, even at Utd

and that DD signed a new contract a while back

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,392 ✭✭✭jonno

It's already a known fact that Keane is a loner. He never used to go out with the lads or even hang around with them. He prefered to stay in his room. Even at Utd it's the same. He's nearly too professional for his own good. Ferguson is probably his one and only friend, well the only one that supports him anyway. But it does not take away from his presence on the pitch. That all that matters really.

As for Duff, it's already been speculated all over the place that he will stay at Balckburn.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,333 ✭✭✭Dr Bolouswki

...and there I was thinking this news, straight from the horses mouth, as it were, would dampen all the neverpool supporteres spirits...

dang!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,476 ✭✭✭Samba

Im not trying to stick up for anyone here, but a good reason for Keane not being very sociable COULD (only speculation) be related to the fact that he has struggled with Drink in the past.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,240 ✭✭✭hussey

Keane never struggled with drink

he could always down 10/12 pints :)

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,064 ✭✭✭BKtje

lol i think that was the point :p

In his autobiography he and the man u team of old always went out for drinks etc after the game apparently.
    Must be a new thing since that stopped at man u?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,469 ✭✭✭Mr_Roger_Bongos

The point he was making in the book, was that it was teh company of teh drinkers made him stop drinking. After bruce pallister sharpe and hughes left, he didnt have any drinking buddies. It wasnt that he had drink problems or was alcoholic, he just had no one in teh new younger team who was into teh drink culture. e.g. imagine a pint with phil or gary neville! Gr8 Laugh :rolleyes:

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,064 ✭✭✭BKtje

that is what i was getting at ;)

Advertisement