Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

OE woes

Options
  • 11-03-2003 3:33pm
    Registered Users Posts: 10,726 ✭✭✭✭

This morning, Windows 2000 couldn't log back onto my profile, (saying it was an I/O error, caused by the hard drive, but that's a known issue to me) so it created a new temporary one for the time being. Grand so. I'll just reboot, and all will be back to normal. Or so I thought.

Anyway, there was no way I could switch back to the old profile, which was stuff.bak, rather than just stuff; renaming and moving it was not allowed. So I decided to move the contents back to the new profile.

Now, I have my message store for Outlook Express fine, all me old mail is there, but there is no account info and all my message rules are gone.
    Does anyone know whereabouts these are stored, what file etc. It will save me the bother of recreating 18 mail accounts and associated message rules.

TIA.

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,143 ✭✭✭spongebob

rules for Outlook (dunno about OE) are in .rwz files

get OE into Import Rules Wizard mode (in Rules) and note the extension of the file it asks for

then search the profile for one of those files...there should only be the one unless you backed up the rules in the past

M

• Registered Users Posts: 5,336 ✭✭✭Frank Grimes

Take a look around here: http://insideoe.tomsterdam.com/
    The message rules are stored in the reg. don't know about the account info, you might have to re-create those. I'm sure you know how to do that :)

• Registered Users Posts: 5,336 ✭✭✭Frank Grimes

Just took a look on this machine, the account info looks to be in
    My Computer\HKEY_CURRENT_USER\Identities\<identity name>\Accounts

Never had to export/import those.

Advertisement