Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

'Dream-Reaver' 0.1

• 11-03-2003 3:49pm
    Category Moderators, Arts Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Entertainment Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 4,599 CMod ✭✭✭✭

Had a lot of time alone with my PC and I relit those lovely days of continuous HL mapping, only this time it came up trumps...

My VAR Mod got nuked in my last drive, so I'm creating a new one... From scratch... On my own... Very... *cough* Sorry.

The general idea is up and running along with about four solid maps... It's a horror mod and thats all I'll tell you until I get screenies etc etc. I'll post up the readme.txt also so you'll get the jist of it from that...

As of right now, I'm looking for new/decent textures, a good sound recording program (Audiorec isn't cutting the hay) and a RAKE of sprites...

Sorry I can't give anymore info atm, but I have to rush back to work... If anyone wants to lend a hand (ESPECIALLY IF YOU'RE A GOOD MODELLER) then PM me...

Have fun guys...

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,945 ✭✭✭Anima

Gl with the mod :cool:

I can't model atm though cause my 3d studio went tits up with the liscencing. If i get it at the next GL i'll help.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,488 ✭✭✭SantaHoe

Originally posted by RopeDrink
    a good sound recording program (Audiorec isn't cutting the hay)
    Try SoundForge6, it's pretty well featured... great for cleaning up noisey recordings etc.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,420 ✭✭✭Doodee

Ahh andy!
    why didnt u just contact me?

I'll bring down some software and other **** when i come down for ronanas 21st on tuesday, providing i get off work.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,146 ✭✭✭Ronan|Raven

Ropey if ya read this before I ring ya then just post a list of what ya really need and I will gladly scour my download drive and if I dont have what ya need will dl it for ya 0_ú

• Category Moderators, Arts Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Entertainment Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 4,599 CMod ✭✭✭✭RopeDrink

Thanks guys!
    Big cheers to Ronan for giving me much needed stuff, and to JP (Despite his lack of program giving skills ;))

Im leaving all mod details until the Galway Lan and for those who don't attend, Im sure you'll recieve pics and info right here afterwards...

It's going quite well, so thanks for the support.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,810 ✭✭✭DRakE

I think it's time for me to say again..

"I'll have a cs map finished for GalwayLan"

and then not actually have one \o/

• Category Moderators, Arts Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Entertainment Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 4,599 CMod ✭✭✭✭RopeDrink

If that comment has anything to do with my project, I'll remind everyone my VAR mod was flushed down the toilet when my PC was mangled by my father and I lost all four years of my work...

As for CS maps, I completed a rather naff one during my return to the world of mapping which you'll be free to test... But, as I said, it isn't much and the layout is rather naff but Im sure it'll be worth a look.

Try SoundForge6, it's pretty well featured... great for cleaning up noisey recordings etc.

Is there any chance on earth I don't have to BUY or ORDER this software mate?
    Did a basic search and all the links lead to "CLIECK HEAR TO PUT DIS IN YUOR SHOIPPNG BASKETTE!"

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,146 ✭✭✭Ronan|Raven

Ropey if you look at the cd I gave ya last week you may notice soundforge 6 on it.

Advertisement