Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Dublin 15 Depression

Options
  • 11-03-2003 4:50pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 27

Anyone know of an operator who has some kind of BB coverage in D15 - I've tried : Eircom, Esat BT, Leap, Irish Broadband, NTL, & Chorus.

No-one covers Dublin 15. I'm not suprised, Eircom took a year to install a PSTN line into the estate.

Have I missed anyone who can install today?

HELP before I go even more insane

Comments

• Users Awaiting Email Confirmation Posts: 729 ✭✭✭popinfresh

I know, everyone seems to have overlooked us/ I'd say if broadband was available here it would well make money on us..

• Registered Users Posts: 6,560 ✭✭✭Woden

i have much the same problem in dublin 7. not much broadband happening here to my knowledge

(is it not zettabyte and yottabyte poppinfresh :) you gotta love those nitpickers)

• Registered Users Posts: 857 ✭✭✭kamobe

I'm in dublin 15. That exchange IS enabled, and satellite is there too if ya wanna pay through the arse for it. Best wait till the price of DSL drops to €55 :]

D7 - isn't that Cabra? Aren't IBB expanding to Cabra? There's a thread about that in the IOFFL forum anyway, best take a look at it :)

• Registered Users Posts: 6,560 ✭✭✭Woden

yeah i'm near cabra IBB thinking of expanding here, excellent i must take a look at that cheers

• Closed Accounts Posts: 27 brooding-spirit

Originally posted by kamobe
    I'm in dublin 15. That exchange IS enabled, and satellite is there too if ya wanna pay through the arse for it. Best wait till the price of DSL drops to €55 :]

D7 - isn't that Cabra? Aren't IBB expanding to Cabra? There's a thread about that in the IOFFL forum anyway, best take a look at it :)

Which exchange - i'm in tyrrelstown - eircom tell me that the exchange isn't ready...

• Advertisement

Interesting

For those of you who are in D15 - Eircom have enabled the Blanchardstown Exchange.

Just not a brand new exchange in Tyrrelstown only built 6 months ago.

*sigh*

• Registered Users Posts: 10,846 ✭✭✭✭eth0_

Well Tyrellstown isn't exactly in the middle of Blanch is it? It's a fair bit out, and I doubt they'd need a new exchange for the sake of what, two estates? Try and get the wireless broadband i'd say that'd be your best bet

2 esates - 2500 homes - 5000 people and they had to build a brand new exchange in the area to cope with the expansion since the existing blanchardstown exchange cannot cope with that many connections.

-- I went through this last year with eircom....

the comment was --- why; when building a new exchange anyway and filling it with equipment anyway; not put in DSL enabled kit?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 8,264 ✭✭✭RicardoSmith

Well I was told the Blanch one is enabled anyway, but my line test keeps failing, even though I've a new line to a new house.

Sat is the only option at the moment. Anyone want to group together and pressurise any of the local TD's?

Incidentally I've heard that theres a high speed data link to some of the biz parks in the area, but noone has ever confirmed it to me.

I think that the RDSL is the best chance we might have whenever that gets realised. Though'll I'll probably fail that line test too. Gits.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,322 ✭✭✭Repli

I-stream is not available in clonsilla where I am anyway...
    NTL, leap, etc are definetly not either

• Advertisement

Ricardo - it's probably failing because of distance, where abouts in blanch are you? Would have thought the lines around there were in pretty good nick, did they give you any reason why it failed at all?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,417 ✭✭✭Dr4gul4

Originally posted by RicardoSmith
    Sat is the only option at the moment. Anyone want to group together and pressurise any of the local TD's?

Group 2 gether my ass it's time for the population 2 speak out everybody got up and marched about some crappy war that really and truely don't affect us directly.

I think it's about time we got up and raised hell on o'connell ST.

I'm sick of waiting only to be told oh yea well u maybe can get it but u're gonna have to sell ure left nut to get it....

If u all want to do somthing we should start a thread and get every body to march on the capital

D.

No more talklin and whining lets take action

Originally posted by eth0_
    Ricardo - it's probably failing because of distance, where abouts in blanch are you? Would have thought the lines around there were in pretty good nick, did they give you any reason why it failed at all?

I'm at the back of castleknock. Nope couldn't give any reason any time I've done the test. I know that some people have said distance. Obviously the cable isn't as the crowflies between you and the exchange. But I doubt that thats a problem for me as it has to be under a quarter of a mile away. The exchange is beside the old Garda Sataion isn't it? Of couse they could have looped it back and forth 3 or 4 times. Nothing those guys do would surprise me.

Incidentally Leap siad that I may see the rock transmitter from my house and were willing to do the LOS test. In fact I think I can see it. Though personally I think the distance is simply too far for that.

I'm at the back of castleknock. Nope couldn't give any reason any time I've done the test. I know that some people have said distance. Obviously the cable isn't as the crowflies between you and the exchange. But I doubt that thats a problem for me as it has to be under a quarter of a mile away. The exchange is beside the old Garda Sataion isn't it? Of couse they could have looped it back and forth 3 or 4 times. Nothing those guys do would surprise me.

Incidentally Leap siad that I may see the rock transmitter from my house and were willing to do the LOS test. In fact I think I can see it. Though personally I think the distance is simply too far for that.

Leap told me months back that I would get service from 3 rock - now they tell me it's too far... bah .. sent a mail to them from the boards - they haven't bothered responding either... not impressed:(

• Registered Users Posts: 1,064 ✭✭✭Snowbat

Incidentally I've heard that theres a high speed data link to some of the biz parks in the area, but noone has ever confirmed it to me.
    We have 6Mbit from Esat in Ballycoolin. INEX is located somewhere in Ballycoolin too - www.inex.ie

Originally posted by Snowbat
    We have 6Mbit from Esat in Ballycoolin. INEX is located somewhere in Ballycoolin too - www.inex.ie

buy thats a fibre run - we'll be round to ur office with some LONG ethernet cables..

:)

Originally posted by Snowbat

Now theres a good place for an antenna!!!!

• Registered Users Posts: 2,177 ✭✭✭ondafly

Lads - The D15 wireless group has ADSL

mailing list is here

http://lapsedhippy.com/mailman/listinfo/d15wan

I used to live in Park Drive Green in Castleknock and it was enabled for Eircom DSL...

The exchange is in the Blanch centre, opposite the bit where PC World and Curry's are

That D15 wireless group group link isn't working for me. That exchange is even closer to me. So it can't be distance.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,417 ✭✭✭Dr4gul4

Originally posted by ondafly
    Lads - The D15 wireless group has ADSL

mailing list is here

http://lapsedhippy.com/mailman/listinfo/d15wan

Hmmm do they have a web site cos that link is dead man and i'd b interested in it hearin what they offer

D

• Registered Users Posts: 857 ✭✭✭kamobe

http://www.dublinwan.org/dw/FrontPage

There's the link for Dublinwan as a whole. If any of ye want get in contact with the D15 lads, PM me and I'll send them your details. I havent got an address to hand at the moment....

• Moderators, Education Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 18,953 Mod ✭✭✭✭Moonbeam

Tyrrelstown would be lucky to get adsl in the near future at all,Is it even within 2km of an exchange??
    I wanted it up the road in Hollystown but no chance either its way to far out and the line quality in general is bad up there

Advertisement