Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Those songs you love to hate...

2»

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,136 ✭✭✭Pugsley

Originally posted by Don1
    Cradle of Filth muck aswell.
    Your gonna get a mouthful from the whore :)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 9,230 ✭✭✭OLDYELLAR

any thing by that fekn nicklecrap or bonjovi..jesus christ jus gggrr makes me mad thinking about em even:mad:

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,472 ✭✭✭AdMMM

Ahhh...

That new Linkin Park Song... it sux big time...

Anything by PicklePack sux, or Puddle Of Krud or any rock band which has gone commercial over the years!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5 GothicBarbie

Everything by that pokemon arse bandit avril lavigne...i love hating her so much...

• Closed Accounts Posts: 29,130 ✭✭✭✭Karl Hungus

Originally posted by Pugsley
    Your gonna get a mouthful from the whore :)

Cant be arsed...
    Fact is, everything after Midian was pure muck.

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 10,570 Mod ✭✭✭✭Robbo

Anything from Angelwhore's CD collection :)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 29,130 ✭✭✭✭Karl Hungus

Originally posted by Robbo
    Anything from Angelwhore's CD collection :)

Hmm... I've got some Doors here.
    Are you saying The Doors are crap!?!? :mad:

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,246 ✭✭✭✭Riamfada

JUSTIN f**ckin Timberlake! Cry Me a River. My friends play it over and over and im deadly serious Id rather be dead than hear it again. Seriously

• Moderators, Regional North East Moderators Posts: 12,739 Mod ✭✭✭✭cournioni

Originally posted by Grimes
    JUSTIN f**ckin Timberlake! Cry Me a River. My friends play it over and over and im deadly serious Id rather be dead than hear it again. Seriously
    What kinda fucking friends do you have?!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 718 ✭✭✭hells angels

anything by limp dick really

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,246 ✭✭✭✭Riamfada

Girls. Pop girls

• Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 10,570 Mod ✭✭✭✭Robbo

Originally posted by AngelWhore
    Hmm... I've got some Doors here.
    Are you saying The Doors are crap!?!? :mad:

Barring a couple of songs, yes. Unmitigated narcissistic tripe over cheap keyboards. :)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 178 ✭✭Dalamar

some of AC/DC's stuff, linkin park, limp bizkit....

• Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 16,698 Mod ✭✭✭✭Silverfish

Barring a couple of songs, yes. Unmitigated narcissistic tripe over cheap keyboards.

Finally!! Someone!!!

I hate the Doors. There, I've said it.

And....and.....the Red Hot Chilli Peppers!!

This is really cathartic.

And the White Stripes and the Hives and The Vines and The revs and avril lasagne and Limp bizkit and soundgarden and loads and loads of other stuff which I would need a thread....no, a board, all to myself for. Yes, the 'Stuff Silverfish Hates' board.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,139 ✭✭✭Sauron

we can't forget avril lavigne, Kylie minogue limp bizkit, greenday, linkin park.... meh too many to mention :o

its gr8 the way we spend more time openly talking about how how much we hate these songs instead of just ignoring them and not even giving them the dignity of being mentioned... ah well :rolleyes:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,139 ✭✭✭Sauron

NO WAIT.... THE ULTIMATE SONG..... (drum roll)...Kylie minogue can't get u out of my head ah perfect song to hate

• Closed Accounts Posts: 95 ✭✭colin caustic

anything by red hot chilli peppers

for whoever said 'so what' that wasn't a metallica song-they robbed it off anti-nowhere league...and i can't do the dance to pretty fly anymore coz me stomachs wrecked and i can't drink no mo':(

• Closed Accounts Posts: 166 ✭✭Petal

That song by the Cheeky Girls.. and their new one.. and anything by those two lads from You're a Star or Bob the Builder, Teletubbies (those Christmas songs! aah?!!!) :'( Oh and after awhile the Las Ketchup song..

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,208 ✭✭✭loismustdie

Originally posted by Silverfish
    No, because the title of this thread is sones YOU love to hate....so you'd have to say it....but I like some Slipknot stuff....so I'd be different...but that would mean that it wouldn't go without saying...

But your brief synopsis on Nothing by A....*applause* I find your ideas intriguing and wish to subscribe to your newsletter.

I hate hate HATE Greenday, Sum41 and all their clones. Everything they've done, they're doing now, and are going to do. Putrid.

so you don't actually HATE them at all, you just want to - they could write the best music in the world from now until infinity but you'll still hate them because you're bein narrowminded?

i actually hate nirvana-everything they ever did and everything the other members were involved in after...it's all crap really...

• Advertisement

so colin, what were the other members into after? do tell

krist has eyes adrift now and had been doin other stuff with bands like L7 and dave has foo fighters and done a bit of drumming for queens of the stone age...anyway i don't see why i have to justify myself by proving what bands there in now just coz i said i don't like em

Originally posted by loismustdie
    so you don't actually HATE them at all, you just want to - they could write the best music in the world from now until infinity but you'll still hate them because you're bein narrowminded?

What?? If you're talking Slipknot, read my post again, and properly, and see how it relates to the previous post I quoted.

If you can't follow that, here's a synopsis.

I like Slipknot a lot.
    I hate hate HATE Greenday, Sum41 and all their clones. Everything they've done, they're doing now, and are going to do. Putrid.

If its THAT bit that offends you, yup, no matter if they write the best piece of music ever, which I doubt because I just don't like their type of music, I will never ever like them

Narrowminded = Silverfish.

you obviously didn't understand my post because the second half of your answer was suffice. and thanks for admitting you were narrowminded, that's all i wanted
    and why the hell did you keep going on bot slipknot

you obviously didn't understand my post because the second half of your answer was suffice

No, your post did not specify which part of mine you had an issue with specifically.

Yes, I said, and I quote, I hate hate HATE Greenday. So, I DO actually hate them. Seemed clear enough to me. Maybe I overestimated the interpretation skills of some people who may read that, hmmm?

Listen, the title of the thread is 'Those Songs You Love to Hate' These are the songs I hate : everything by Greenday.

If I'm being narrowminded, so is every one else here. Having an opinion does not make you narrowminded, it makes you human.

So I don't like Greenday. I don't spend all day thinking about it, and neither should you. Get over it.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,072 ✭✭✭Sandi

Hmm...there are so many crap bands out there. I've always hated pretty much anything from the Beautiful South but especially that song called Perfect 10 or something...what a load of ****.
    Also hate anything by Steps and most songs that have started to make it to number 1 in the British/Irish charts.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,420 ✭✭✭Doodee

Originally posted by loismustdie
    you obviously didn't understand my post because the second half of your answer was suffice. and thanks for admitting you were narrowminded, that's all i wanted
    and why the hell did you keep going on bot slipknot

To be honest, you yourself are narrow minded, you go on teh attack when any1 mentions anything negative about nirvana, and although you know your history, to be quite frank, you cant put forward a proper arguement, but instead label everyone with the same brush.
    i actually hate nirvana-everything they ever did and everything the other members were involved in after...it's all crap really...

while im in a fighting mood, let me ask you why exactly it is crap, is it something to do with teh current fad of "Nirvana Haters" which has just appeared out of no where and is being blamed on the kids with slipknot hoodies?

I like nirvana alot, some of my reason for this include the fact that any one of their albums has always been playing on my stereo when i was in a fowl mood or when the **** hit the fan and i really did find relief in it. other reason would be that i think Cobain did have some talent, if you listen to the earlier stuff like mollys lips or Been a son your cant say he didnt know how to tell a story, I also enjoy the riffs in many of the songs, again "been a son" seems to do it for me and I'll get all energetic when i hear it being played.

Currently I have RHCP blairing out my earphones, the song, californication, and while im still in this fighting mood I think i may play rollercoaster of love.

what really annoys me with alot of people who post on this forum is that they really cant back up their arguements, they bitch and moan about whe willey nilleys, state some facts and statistics and do what not, you seem to forget that alot of the pre 97 music was not manufactured and not there to make tonnes and tonnes of cash, these were people like you and me, who enjoy music like you and me, wanted to make their own music, like alot of people who play instruments, and followed dreams about making the afformentioned music. calling them crap or overrated just because its the current fad just proves your level of ignorance, sure peoples tastes differ, but instead of going "omg TEH ARE TEH SHOITE" everytime they are mentioned, just rant on about why you think that they are ****, for what exact reasons,if you had never heard of them before, that you do not like their songs.

I'm gonna stress this again, the whole Fad around today about hating bands that really did deserve to be where they are cause they made good music,considered so by their fans at the time and even now gaining more fans, is incredibly pathetic, FFS PEOPLE YOU ARE NOT SHEEP, YOU DONT ALL HAVE TO LOOK LIKE THE FONZE CAUSE THEN THE FONZE IS NO LONGER KEWL!

anyways, its 5am, I've been studying for the past 5 hrs straight, and did another 4 hours earlier today, and am tired, want to go home, and am sick of the amount of time i spend at work....

that is all.

hee hee hee that was me that was slaggin nirvana and sayin the other stuff was **** not loismustdie...i wasn't even involved in yer little argument in the first place...and just to let you know my reasons for not liking nirvana or the projects that the other two members are currently involved in is because i don't like that sort of music not because of any association any of those guys had with nirvana...

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,420 ✭✭✭Doodee

thats perfectly valid, and ur entitled to your opinion, it just really gets my goat when ppl act like sheep and just follow the current trends.

• Advertisement
Advertisement