Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Edonkey eating up my ping

Options
  • 11-03-2003 9:29pm
    Registered Users Posts: 3,299 ✭✭✭

everytime i run edonkey my ping goes from about 300ms up to 1500ms+ even if i am not uploading or downloading.anyone got any ideas why this is so?

Comments

• Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 3,934 Mod ✭✭✭✭Turner

Is this while you are connected to dub-hub ?, While gaming close all programmes especially file sharing ones.

Chief.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,342 ✭✭✭Mantel

Try reduceing your max connections, even though it may not be downloading or uploading it's still haveing a look for the files you have in the queue and trying to connect to anyone that has them.

Another solution is to close it when you want to play online.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 20,346 ✭✭✭✭KdjaCL

I set Emule to 1kb upload when playing and its fine.

Shouldnt use that donkey crap ,its filled with spyware Emule is a better program.

kdjac

• Registered Users Posts: 3,299 ✭✭✭irishguy

i am actually using emule,the dub-hub is on direct connect not emule.i have reduced my connections and i hope that helps

• Closed Accounts Posts: 135 ✭✭aliesneo

kazaalite is the best.

• Advertisement
Advertisement