Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Beginner Lead Guitar Songs

• 11-03-2003 10:37pm
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,507 ✭✭✭

Enough of this Nirvana tripe, can someone give me some good lead guitar songs that aren't impossible

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 427 ✭✭Epitaph

After The Gold Rush - Neil Young

Fake Plastic Trees - Radiohead

They're just two. COUNT THEM!!! :D

For acoustic, by the way. Hope that's what you meant

*rereads post*

Nirvana? Ooooh.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,987 ✭✭✭✭Giblet

Lead guitar eh?

Try get some of the basic stuff from Voodoo Chile by Jimi Hendrix down. Or try something easy like Johnny B. Goode by Chuck Berry.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 149 ✭✭Jaicster

I' go with
    Led Zeppelin - Whole Lotta Love
    But try and learn a hard one at the same time

Remember to warm up before doing any fast stuff
    What u wanna do is learn the regular techniques uses like slides hammer/pull offs tapping .... etc

The "Whole Lotta Love" is a dead easy song and so is the solo
    You may know its the theme tune of top of the pops
    Well any way ers 2 bits of the solo learn each bit then put it together

|
    |
    |--10/-12
    15-12
    |
    |
    15-14-12-14-12-14B^
    |
    |
    |
    |
    |
    |
    |

|
    |
    |
    |
    |--2/4
    4p2p0--4p2p0
    |
    |
    2p0
    2p0
    2~--|
    |
    |
    |
    |

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,507 ✭✭✭DamienH

Thanks for the replys i mean electric guitar

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,136 ✭✭✭Pugsley

Most Iron Maiden songs arent impossable, unless you want to do their solo's, Black Sabbath are also very good practice.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 2,922 ✭✭✭Dave

Em.. unless i'm very much mistaken the solos are lead guitarists job. So a lead guitarist who doesn't so solos would just be another rhythm guitarish and sort of useless.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,987 ✭✭✭✭Giblet

The lead guitarist could be the only guitarist, or the one that does all the riffs. It ain't all solos, but they should be expected to handle as much.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 112 ✭✭beserker

I'm not a good guitarist at all but I found that buying the song book for eric clapton unplugged sped up my fingers and improved my playing ten-fold:) I think its easier having a "hardcopy" of it and knowing its correct (way too many dodgy online tabs imho). Its all acoustic but its still some great guitar playing. i'm still scarred from the "Old Love" solo:)

good luck to ya anyways

bes.

Advertisement