Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

speakers for sblaster live value

Options
  • 12-03-2003 2:51am
    Closed Accounts Posts: 1,712 ✭✭✭

im need a recommendation for speakers for the above soundcard .my system is athlone 1500 and 512mb ddr.
    the room is small 8 ft square approx ,i would consider upgrading soundcard if necessary and i dont want to spend a fortune ,thanks for any replies.btw its for playing mp3z

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 88,978 ✭✭✭✭mike65

I have a pair of Yamaha YST-M40s, they're a little bass light but then they're small speakers. You can turn up the bass if neccessary.

I agree with this user review

http://www.computingreview.com/Speakers/Yamaha,YST-M40,Powered,Multimedia,Speakers/PRD_49121_2084crx.aspx

Mike.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,941 ✭✭✭pclancy

dunno much bout the hi-end professional stuff but Ive had a couple of sets of the cambridge soundworks surround speakers from creative and they've all been excellent. Lacking slightly in bass was my only complaint but for the size of the satellites they're excellent and good value at €100-€200. www.creative.com should have some specs.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,949 ✭✭✭SouperComputer

yea, i have a set of 2.1 cambridge SW's i bought for 40e new. My room's about the same size.

I tells ye, ye wont get a stereo that will come close for that price and the 2 cubes are neat and small.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,941 ✭✭✭pclancy

plus the soundblaster card will have all the utilities and controls software for adjusting the settings on the cambridge speakers.

Advertisement