Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Radeon GFX and win2k

• 12-03-2003 11:08am
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,946 ✭✭✭

In a bid to get a better performance with my laptops graphics card i deleted winXP and installed win2k. It seems to me that the change went fine with one exception.. My graphics card, sound card, usb2.0 is not picking picked up by the OS.

Ive ran service pack 3 and installed direct x9 which did the job perfect for my PC, not for my laptop though :/

When i go to display settings i get "Default VGA" When it should say "ATi Radeon 7500 mobility". Ive tried to uninstall the card in the hope that i can get some sort of responce that the card is recognised by the os - but no joy what so ever!

Please help me out on this one, as i need this laptop for college and assignments are due :/

reD.

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,946 ✭✭✭red_ice

BTW, if this post is in the wrong place please move it to somewhere that people will be able to help!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,694 ✭✭✭Dingatron

A post in Technology will get a better response.

Firstly did you download/install W2K graphic card,sound card and usb drivers from the laptop manufactuer? W2k will not nessicarily have drivers for your laptop and chances are it won't. Not to sure that DX9.0 will help as your graphics card does not support it.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,287 ✭✭✭vac

Its picking them up, but not installing the proper drivers because it doesn't have them. Get your drivers online and install them, and it should be fine.

Basically exactly what ding said ;)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,842 ✭✭✭phaxx

Moved to tech. Read the hw tweaking/modding charter ffs.

Advertisement