Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

rock/metal, an outsider looking in

Options
2»

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 31,967 ✭✭✭✭Sarky

Moderation, people, that's the key. Every now and then, listen (or at least complain about the ponciness of) something quiet and mainstream.

You can listen to really loud music, but if you don't take breaks it'll royally screw your ears up.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,437 ✭✭✭Crucifix

I used to listen to music at a relatively low volume, appreciate the likes of "Walk" or "Master of Puppets" without needing my ribs to vibrate. Then one day I decided to slip the volume up a little, and now I can't freaking stop! I'm gonna have to find a cd player with a spinal tap-esque 11 volume setting soon enough.

• Moderators, Regional North East Moderators Posts: 12,739 Mod ✭✭✭✭cournioni

Metal sounds good when the volume is low... It sounds unbelievable when the volume is up! I mean I don't turn it up full blast the whole time, but when I do I let everyone know about it!

• Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 16,696 Mod ✭✭✭✭Silverfish

Well, I share a house with other girlies who are in no way into the same music as me, so I have to keep the volume low, unless I want to put on headphones and not hear them offering me tea and biccies.

When I'm in my car, I'm kinda nervous of not being able to hear sirens or my car squealing down the side of another car etc etc to have it too loud.

When I go home now, thats a different story. Thankfully, since the double glazing went in, there's less vibrations in windowframes. Although, I have to say, I have seen how loud music can really damage your ears, and it isn't actually the music(rawk!!), its the force of the vibrations (yay!!) causing yer ear drum to perforate (lovely).

Note: at loud gigs, wear earplugs.

Advertisement