Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Guitarist needs a gig

• 12-03-2003 11:59am
    Closed Accounts Posts: 531 ✭✭✭

Lo all

Guitar player (another one) looking for a gig.
    28,lots of exp ,101% dedicated.
    Dont like classifyin meself but I suppose I blusey/funkey/rocky/dubby type.
    Influences range from Miles Davis to Lee Perry to Pink Floyd to Hendrix to Billie holiday to Nigal Tufnell.
    Been out of the loop for a while (Drum and Bass poisend my mind) but picked up the guitar a few months back and getting back into the groove. Trying to get stuff together with a few people but they all seem to have more pressing priorities.
    I have a good chnuk of recording exp and know my way around a studio.
    Not really intrested in twin guitar bands or any stareing at your feet coldplay moaning stuff
    :mad:
    Anything considerd. More funky and off the wall the better;)
    Probably wont get a look with the amount of plank spankers out there!

Q.how many guitar players does it take to change a light bulb?

A.Ten,one to do it and 9 to say 'I can do it better than that'

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,045 ✭✭✭Fusion251

I'm a guitarist to but I got some funky bass stuff goin on, looking to play in odd time signatures, basically really ****ed up ****, Influences, Mahavishnu Orchestra, Steve Coleman, Miles Davies, John Coltraine, and on a lighter note RHCP's, Funkadelic etc...

Goin to Newpark at the minute, studying Jazz...oh yeah I can sing too!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 531 ✭✭✭juno75

Lo mate

sorry about the delay in replying as I woz away from PC for a few days.
    I already have a bass player but he aint the most reliable at the mo:mad:
    You play bass right?
    It sounds intresting wot u do and would be into getting u around to record a bit in me gaff- I got Cubase SX on PC-
    Vox as well?
    Mess around with a few loops and see if anything comes out.
    Intrested?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,045 ✭✭✭Fusion251

Yep sounds cool!
    Where u livin?
    I have Cubase myself, can't use it though! I was using Pro Tools for a bit, that's pretty cool.

Hay mate

I dwell in Blackrock Dublin,
    About 1min from Seapoint Dart station. I am free all this weekend if you want.
    Suit your self?

Hay Fusion

wots the story;)

• Advertisement
Advertisement