Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

feckin PC

Options
  • 12-03-2003 12:15pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 1,498 ✭✭✭

Lads

I just got the PC reinstalled with win 2k pro, now the PC has crashed again cos some feckin stupid Bi**h in the house out some software on it so she can try and loose weight cos this will tell her how..... never mind trying to stop the feckin 20 packets of crisps she eats a day...

NOw I have a win 2k pro cd, and I cant afford to take it to a pC hosp.... how do I boot the CD to reinstall the OS ??? Or am I better taking it to the PC hosp ??

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 20,346 ✭✭✭✭KdjaCL

Is boot from CD an option in Bios ,if so enable it and run setup on boot .

Windows will do the rest.

kdjac

• Registered Users Posts: 5,336 ✭✭✭Frank Grimes

If the CD's bootable and your BIOS is set to boot from the CD-ROM it's just a matter of putting in the CD and rebooting the PC.
    You might have to create boot disks if the 2K CD isn't bootable.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,498 ✭✭✭paddyc

Lads

How do I set the BIos to bootable ??? I can press F10, 12 or 8 as it boots up but then it crashes... I aint no techie so please be gentle...

thanks

• Registered Users Posts: 266 ✭✭chopster

paddyc , most cases as soon as you see the memory count and the hard disk detections ie. the very first screen that tells you what Bios you have you simply press the Delete key to get into it.
    Once there inside the Bios its reletively intuitive.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 285 ✭✭marauder

while you are in the bios set a bios password so no one else can use the PC :D

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 11,389 ✭✭✭✭Saruman

You could also be mean and stick a mirror on the monitor so Cartmans girlfriend can see herself if she tries! :D

Advertisement