Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Andrew Stanley and Friends - Comedy

Options
  • 12-03-2003 3:08pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 1,508 ✭✭✭

Hello all,

Well I hope this doesn't get removed like the last one but here goes anyway:

6 Night Stan - Andrew Stanley and Friends
    Tight Psychopath productions present Dublins hottest new comedian swords man Andrew Stanley presenting a week long show from 24th March until the 29th March in the Crypt Arts Centre in Dublin Castle. The show will feature Andrew every night joined by a host of top Dublin acts including Karl Spain (RTE new comedy award winner 2001), Eddie Naessens ("A very funny guy...definitely best of the week." - Jumpstart, Channel V, Australia.), Neil Delamare (RTE new comedy award winner 2002), Dave McSavage ("Fearless" - Tommy Tiernan), Reuben (Comedy without words) and James Ghouldsbury (RTE new comedy award winner 2001) amongst others. There will also be special guests on the nights. Tickets cost €10/€8 for students and are available from Ticketmaster or on the door. Student promotions will also be running nightly and if you wear wellies you get in half price(honestly). Doors open 8pm and show starts at 9pm. For prebookings or further info contact 0866089506 or e-mail admin@tightpsychopath.com

so anyway hopefully ill see you all there so you can laugh at me or whatever

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,343 ✭✭✭polarbelly

i'm really looking forward to this...

i love laughing

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,508 ✭✭✭johnnynolegs

well i shall enjoy making you laugh then my musically gifted friend

sounds like a plan eh... stan

• Registered Users Posts: 2,287 ✭✭✭thedrowner

im dying to get along to one of these too.

even if andrew was so lazy he didnt reply to the mail i sent him the otherr day.

he's just jealous because i ahve so much more of a post count than he does :)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 166 ✭✭Damon_Kind

Dave McSavage is not funny.

Say what i think you'll say.

• Advertisement

It doesn't matter if you think he is funny or not there are different comedians on every night so you have no problem there really now do you?

just go one of the nights that dude isnt appearing, really looking forward to this it must be said

Right well here you go being Phantom Message board readers has its advanatages you get to see the proper confirmed line up for every night first :

Monday 24th - Karl Spain supported by Bernard O'Shea
    Tuesday 25th - Eddie Naessens supported by Riley Air
    Wednesday 26th - Dave McSavage supported by Reuben
    Thursday 27th - Tommy Nicholson supported by Dermot McMorrow with Special Guest James McDermott
    Friday 28th - Neil Delamare supported by Matt Saddler
    Saturday 29th - James Ghouldsbury supported by Paul Crowley

So now you can pick your comedian and go whenever you like

don't forget about the BUCKFAST though

which night shall be best in your opinion?

They will all be great obviously as I will be MCing them all haha just joking the best night overall I think will be Monday or Wednesday

but the rest will be great aswell believe me

• Advertisement

hup

• Closed Accounts Posts: 263 ✭✭joey D

this is going to be a great larf, and the Crypt is a great little intimate venue... Rueben is a must-see, McSavage (like him or not) is worth a look just to see who he annoys... Gouldsbury is a safe bet... it's a great idea and best of luck to Stan and his gang.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,369 ✭✭✭acquiescefc

prick.... as i was saying to you-know-who the other night

huh?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 263 ✭✭joey D

that's a rather unreasonable response, maybe acquiescefc doesn't like comedy... or me... oh well....

• Closed Accounts Posts: 702 ✭✭✭roxy

who was that guy on the late late the other night. Mike something? jesus he was a pile of piss. Poor Pat had to continually squeeze out some kind of fake laughter. There was such a tense atmosphere. It was the first (and I dare say the last) time I ever felt sorry for mr pat.

That was Michael Mee and he actually is very very good as a comedian I think it was more to do with the whole set up of the show and the way he was interviewed that made it look not up to scratch

yeah well pity he didn't take on John Cleese's advice: Adopt, adapt and improve. He seemed annoying to me.

meh
    Roxy

• Closed Accounts Posts: 23 Candice

tis a^pity i cant go. im sure itll be great. i wonder if therell be any gags about pretentious dublin clubs (tee hee hee)

I am sure there will be one or 2 indeed candice

mail me when u get a chance ok

• Advertisement

oopsy daisy

• Closed Accounts Posts: 50 ✭✭jodie

hey
    im guessing johnnynolegs is andrew stanley...ive seen you in the international bar... you were very good. laughed my ass off as i can recall..

:)

why thank you jodie?

when did you see me?

Make sure you come to this then I am saving all my best stuff for these nites ;)

it was a couple of weeks ago..there was a mime guy there aswell is he going to be doin any of the nights he was great too...
    myself and a couple of friends are thinking of going....not sure which night yet !! any recommendations??

A couple of weeks ago on a Thursday night it would have been - Reuben (The Mime Guy) was on and Karl Spain aswell and Eddie Naessens - In fact I think everybody who played in the International that night is on at some point

Reuben is playing on the wednesday with Dave McSavage

thanks for that andrew, wed it is then, dave mcsavage is hillarious probably cause he's been drunk the times ive seen him.

:)

Yep he tends to be and thats what makes it so great ;)

Just to update there is a few changes to the lineups:

Monday 24th - Karl Spain supported by Bernard O'Shea
    Tuesday 25th - Dave McSavage supported by Riley Air
    Wednesday 26th - Neil Delamare supported by Reuben
    Thursday 27th - Tommy Nicholson supported by Dermot McMorrow with Special Guest James McDermott
    Friday 28th - Eddie Naessens supported by Matt Saddler
    Saturday 29th - James Ghouldsbury supported by Paul Crowley

Apologies for any mixup

:D

bouncy bouncy bouncy

Last nights opening night was great nearly a full venue Karl Spain was excellent as per usual and Bernard O'Shea was brilliant....

Tonight is Dave McSavage supported by Riley Air definitely one not to miss and remember cheap BUCKFAST!!!!!!!

• Advertisement

Interested in comedy on your radio?? Check out the independent today, citylife supplement page 3.

....things to make you go...Spink!!

Roxy

Advertisement