Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

LEAP Pings

• 12-03-2003 5:34pm
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 177 ✭✭

Hi All,

it seems that we have some LEAP Users in the board.

As I still have a terrible ping with my connection to the RTE Tower (LEAP said it should be fixed until end of this week...I hope and pray :rolleyes: ).

Can you give me an short info what ping rates do you have?
    I know it depends on the server, maybe you can take some in the uk as an example.

thank you

jochen

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 2,127 ✭✭✭STaN

post a tracert to www.jolt.co.uk www.ign.ie and www.google.ie

Its routing problems because of their bandwidth supplier, NTL.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 416 ✭✭Coyler

My housemate rang leap and they are having technical difficulties at the moment but they do maintain that they will be fixed at the weekend. So no point tracert anything at the moment because it'll be poor. Yes leap have routing problems with NTL but its only a problem if you want to play on Irish servers. I usually have great pings to Barrysworld, Jolt et al, and that also means you have better access to more games and mods as well. However, The Irish servers are fine to play on with sub 100ms pings. So short answer is wait until the weekend and all should be well

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,143 ✭✭✭spongebob

NTL are members of INEX

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 177 ✭✭jow

Hi All,

ok it seems they have done something last night.

My ping times (Example: www.yahoo.co.uk)
    are down from 600 to 90 now!

I've just played one hour Battlefield on a EAUK-Server and the ping was almost around 80 - 90, with no ping-spikes.
    Which is not perfect, but ok.
    It seems you have the same ping.

Yesterday it had pings about 600 and up to all Servers in the uk.
    LEAP support told me that they had a problem with the RTE-Tower.

The second problem is the routing with ntl. Support told me that they want to do something about that matter until the end of march.

We will see what happens, but for now I'am happy.
    It seems LEAP-Support is honest to the customers!

jochen

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,718 ✭✭✭Matt Simis

Well, that is better. Im looking at them too, buts its a bit depressing to think I would be going from a 40-70ping on ISDN to 80+ on Leap... :(

matt

• Advertisement
Advertisement