Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

about the Canteen Food

• 12-03-2003 6:08pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 836 ✭✭✭

Just figured we should have an actual poll, but I suppose this is an absolutly pointles post.
    Failed to load the poll.

Comments

• Hosted Moderators Posts: 3,290 ✭✭✭TomTom

This is nothing but a stupid and pointless poll. this has been discussed to death and will n server no purpose.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 836 ✭✭✭Snowball

Spot on Tom

Don't be a petty childish bastard and use words, you are not sending a text message

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 35,524 ✭✭✭✭Gordon

*sigh* I remember school dinners when I was a lad. we'd have a quarter of a ladle of soup in our bowl and when it came to dessert they would lay 7 desserts out on a table fitting 8 people. We ended up playing a sick game of spittal desserts (a bastardised version of musical chairs). You would eye up the dessert you wanted and you'd place a gob of spit on it so that no-one else took it. The problem with that was the morbid b*stard that put a gob of his own spittle on the same dessert rendering the dessert inedible by anyone.

As for college food, yuk. dry sausages, beans, chips and pot pies every single feckin day.

If it is so sucky why not go to someone up high and complain. You could run for presidency and make some changes... maybe. Oh and apparently when running for presidency you seem more sexually attractive. hence, I didn't need to run for presidency ;)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,272 ✭✭✭i_am_dogboy

if you dont like the food bring your own and stop whinging......its not too hard to make a few sandwiches or whatever in the morning

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 59 ✭✭Delboy_69

I think the food down stairs is skank but if you go upstairs it's pretty decent. And it is a really good price compared to anywhere else.

very true, the dinners upstairs are great quality and they actually taste like food

I don't go upstairs because I'm afraid of heights so i think i will stay down stairs and complain about the food.

p.s I'm on the third floor of the canteen
    p.p.s. I'm not afraid of heights
    p.p.p.s This is just spam

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,315 ✭✭✭ballooba

Originally posted by i_am_dogboy
    if you dont like the food bring your own and stop whinging......its not too hard to make a few sandwiches or whatever in the morning
    Eh.. you might have had a valid point if it was just one person who wasn't happy with the food but it seems to me that there are a lot of people not happy.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 23,556 ✭✭✭✭Sir Digby Chicken Caesar

yeah it sure is...
    the food upstairs is better than the food downstairs, but that doesn't make much of a difference.

the same company runs both places, and they shouldn't be able to get away with having one ****ehole, and one relatively decent

• Advertisement

i was just saying, if you dont like their food then dont eat it, why would it be any more valid if there was only one complaint?

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 23,556 ✭✭✭✭Sir Digby Chicken Caesar

because a lot of people don't like their food.. but it is the college canteen!
    we are entitled to a decent canteen, where we can buy HOT food that isn't on par with pedigree chum!

no it isn't difficult to make a lil sandwhich in the morning, but what if I want hot food? should I be made trek into carlow town? we have a canteen, we aren't happy, we are entitled to complain.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,315 ✭✭✭ballooba

Originally posted by i_am_dogboy
    i was just saying, if you dont like their food then dont eat it, why would it be any more valid if there was only one complaint?
    Maybe because everyone is paying for it regardless of whether they eat there or not (subsidies). If only a handful of people had a problem then you could say that they are just picky eaters, but there is obviously a sizeable number of people who aren't happy.

why dont you people actually complain to the people who actually matter rather than here on boards?

go to cambells, write some strongly worded letters, hell get the food standards people in, whatever you want, just dont sit here and whinge like it will make a difference

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,560 ✭✭✭Ivan

I've a better question, who are the people who voted it wasnt expensive/tasted horrible.

Its not really about "Oh bring your own food" or "Go upstairs". We have a canteen you should be able to eat there and not have them ripping every last cent from your hands.

Advertisement