Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Need to check system stability

• 12-03-2003 7:11pm
    Registered Users Posts: 653 ✭✭✭

Hi guys, i'm looking for a program that would run on a PC and check the stability of it. I've come across a program called "sandra" which does do system checks but seems to be more concerned with the hardware side of things. What i need is some software that would tell me if i have a problem with the way an OS was installed, such as driver problems, the way something is setup etc. Anyone use anything that does this or even recommend anything to me?

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,162 ✭✭✭Quigs Snr

memtest86 is a memory checker, but if you get any errors, it is often not the memory and is in fact overheating, or problems with the motherboard. I was given 2 replacement motherboards once on the basis that they failed memtest86. It's well respected and free.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 20,346 ✭✭✭✭KdjaCL

Sandra is God :D

It has a windows check and and covers 90% of your PC.
    Its about the best all rounder in terms of system diaganosis the actual best program for windows instability is called BSOD.
    Seriously only way you gonna know about an error is with a Blue Screen of Death.

There isnt much by the way of pre-checkers and if there is its not cheap.

kdjac

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,949 ✭✭✭SouperComputer

yea, thrash the machine for a while and see what comes up.

there are WAY too many variables in the OS.

Advertisement