Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Mad Idea - Fastest way for (most) of dublin to get BB

Options
  • 12-03-2003 8:18pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 85 ✭✭

doesnt it seem that the simlest option to supply BB to virtually all of dublin is to stick a small antenna up on the tallest structure we have in the city .... the wonderful, the amazing, the beautiful ................yet TOTALLY USLESS millinium spike !

i mean the thing can be seen nearly everywhere from strawberry beds to tallaght to clonsilla

anyone wanna get their climbing shoes on :p and give a minister a call ?

Comments

• Users Awaiting Email Confirmation Posts: 729 ✭✭✭popinfresh

Or better yet the ballymun flats :). TBH i think it's a crap idea. he spike is a monument (who knows what of) and sticking a load of **** at the top of it would make it look craper than it already is..

• Registered Users Posts: 19,608 ✭✭✭✭sceptre

Don't forget the radio transmitter on top of the Eiffel Tower - wouldn't be the first time that a function was found for a monument.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 772 ✭✭✭Chaos-Engine

the thing is you could but the transmits inside the spike. All you would need is the greyish pannels made round the outside.
    YES they would have to be custom made but they would be excellent transmitters :)
    all the equipment can be stored inside it.
    those little holes for the lights can route cables :)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 38 original gadget

Stop giving me ideas!!

There is a bh weekend coming up! Loads of drink to be had! God only knows what might be tried @ 3:00am after half-a-keg of guinness!!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 85 ✭✭dj_deevey

i can see it now, all the boards crew, gathered round the spike plastered drunk at 3 am monday morning with all manner of cable, servers, climbing boots, trasmitters, arials, blagging that they work for the council, and then to top it all off throwing JCB tyres over the top of it (traffic cones are soooo last year) :D

seriously though, i wonder have any companies approached anyone about transmitting from the spike........

on another note, anyone want serious coverage for a pirate radio station LOL

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 345 ✭✭DjTaz

Well Spirit nightclub is open till 4.30 /5.00 and its only round the corner from there.

Not many people about at that hour of the morning, im sure with a few hardhats, a few luminisent jackets and some scaffolding, something could be done.

Im afraid of heights , so ill supervise and let the rest of the drunken louts work on the new dublin Wan.

;)

Taz

• Registered Users Posts: 280 ✭✭s10

i wana be first person to scale silly monument
    who ownes it ? the people

• Closed Accounts Posts: 38 original gadget

I'll donate an old P11 300, we can use that as a server - I think I have a roll of Cat5 somewhere too.... and a dust-bin lid....

Advertisement