Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

NTL Digital-Wonky WS Ratios!! Another Solution.

• 12-03-2003 10:38pm
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,812 ✭✭✭

I've read the thread on the NTL picture shifting to the right. Now I've had Digital for a week I've seen the problem a few times. Cableguy suggested pressing the Help Button twice to correct the aspect ratio/picture shift. Unfortunatly this didn't work for me. What does work however is pressing menu and changing the ratio from 16:9 to letterbox. The picture shift is corrected and then you just put it back into 16:9 mode.

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,812 ✭✭✭Calibos

I'd say about 15% of the image is of screen until I do the fix and then its grand.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,888 ✭✭✭cgarvey

I have the di300 as well and I get that skew as well .. the Help|Help trick doesn't work for me .. I have to go and switch the widescreen setting and back again.

Two other things though. One is that it happens quite a bit changing from widescreen channels to 4:3 channels .. say from BBC in the evenings back to RTE.

Second is that I'm always missing a piece (~3-5% I'd say) off the right edge. Noticable when the logo is on the RHS (TG4 and (ahem) M&M!).. also means subtitles are missing a bit at the end, which can be a pain.

.cg

Advertisement