Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Please note that it is not permitted to have referral links posted in your signature. Keep these links contained in the appropriate forum. Thank you.

https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2055940817/signature-rules

New Avensis ?

Options
  • 13-03-2003 12:27am
    Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 14,710 Mod ✭✭✭✭

Ive read some amazing reviews of this car.
    Most saying its practically a Lexus ,i hear road noise is down 40% which is amazing as the present Avensis is a very quiet car.
    Im currently driving 99 Auto 1.8 vvti Avensis , before that i had a 97 VW Passat but IMO the Avensis is the better car with lots more power to boot.In fact only today the Da in law bought 97 Mercedes 320 and in all honesty i was shocked by the fact that my car is as smooth over bad roads as it but the Merc has that great feel safe feeling about it.
    Just wondering if anyone is getting the new Avensis which is out in next few weeks.
    I think ill wait till next year and maybe pick up a year old one ,let someone else be crucified for first year:)

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 674 ✭✭✭what_car

Dcully wrote:
    Most saying its practically a Lexus ,i hear road noise is down 40% which is amazing as the present Avensis is a very quiet car.
    Im currently driving 99 Auto 1.8 vvti Avensis , before that i had a 97 VW Passat but IMO the Avensis is the better car with lots more power to boot.In fact only today the Da in law bought 97 Mercedes 320 and in all honesty i was shocked by the fact that my car is as smooth over bad roads as it but the Merc has that great feel safe feeling about it.
    Just wondering if anyone is getting the new Avensis which is out in next few weeks.
    I think ill wait till next year and maybe pick up a year old one ,let someone else be crucified for first year:)

how do you find the 1.8 avensis auto? i am getting a new avensis but havent decided on which one
    im stuck between choosing between the 1.8 auto luna saloon and the 2.0 d4 luna manual saloon...

is the 1.8 much thirstier than the 2.0d
    ??

• Registered Users Posts: 51,240 ✭✭✭✭bazz26

Dcully wrote:

The new (facelifted) Avensis has been onsale since June. It is a mild facelifted version of the car that has been onsale since 2003. There isn't an all new Avensis until late 2008. The Avensis doesn't really have much in common with Lexus except for the detuned 2.2 D4-D diesel engine. Toyotas are front wheel drive while Lexus use rear wheel drive platforms.

Are you sure your not confusing it with the recently shown Auris concept at the Paris Motor Show? The Auris is replacing the Corolla early next year.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 674 ✭✭✭what_car

Dcully wrote:

just bought a new avensis ( new facelift model ) saloon luna 2.0 diesel d4d today.
    nearly bought the 1.8 auto..... and i remembered back a couple of mths ago when fuel prices were up near 1.25 for petrol.... common sense took over in the end !! and went for the diesel model!

Advertisement