Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Uninstalling directX?

• 13-03-2003 2:26am
    Closed Accounts Posts: 2,808 ✭✭✭

just wondering if there was an easier way to uninstall directX (or downgrade) rather than having to practically re-install the OS

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,400 ✭✭✭TacT

I forgot to put this in that thread about people's favourite operating system or why they preferred 2k over XP.
    One feature of XP I really dislike is there is no way of rolling back DirectX, so if you do have compatability problems you are forced to reformat but alas there is still hope in Win2kPro land with the help of little utilitites such as this :D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,808 ✭✭✭Dooom

hmm yea well thats all handy and good but i er...dont have the win2k cd here with me (will soon tho...sometime) but on the driver cd for my mobo, there's dx8.1 would that do instead?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,949 ✭✭✭SouperComputer

DX 8.1 is fine, avoid 9.0 for a while unless you have a game a REALLY need it

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,400 ✭✭✭TacT

it should be fine

Advertisement