Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Another Lord of the rings Protest Site

Options
  • 13-03-2003 3:04am
    Registered Users Posts: 1,130 ✭✭✭

http://www.theofficersclub.com/rotkpo/
    This website is the home of the organization protesting against the third installment of the J.R.R. Tolkien Lord Of The Rings movie being named "The Return of the King".

We feel the makers of the LOTR films are using the death of Elvis Presley as a marketing tool for their movie, and are petitioning to have the name changed. As stated elsewhere, this activity gives us an ego boost, a sense of purpose in our otherwise dull lives and above all... we hope it will get us chicks somehow.

lol :)

Please read: This site is a parody of the Two Towers Protest Organization Site, which I'm sure you'll agree is rather pathetic. I was as shocked and horrifed as everyone else as I watched the events of 9.11 unfold, however to say the makers of the LOTR films are essentially using the 9.11 tradegy as a marketing tool is utter horsehit. This parody site may put it into perspective, since hey... we were all affected by the death of Elvis right?

But what makes it funnier is that some people are taking it seriously .. hehe
    get a ****ing life you idiot!!!!!! elvis is not the king and he aint be returning mate so just leave lotr alone!!!!! you sad ****!!!
    I think you're a bunch of psycho idiot. You never realized that the Tolkien title was invented decades before the death of Elvis. You really have nothing to do with your lives. Go get some help.

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 718 ✭✭✭hells angels

this is a pointless thread...i tink u should go get a life too man..
    this is humour remember...:rolleyes:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 418 ✭✭Zaphod B

ROFL @ that site

• Closed Accounts Posts: 355 ✭✭*NemesiS*

Originally posted by hells angels

:rolleyes: what a muppet!

• Registered Users Posts: 7,136 ✭✭✭Pugsley

lol funny site, wonder if its in america :rolleyes:

• Registered Users Posts: 55,500 ✭✭✭✭Mr E

Are you an American organization?

Now who else would organize this sort of thing? Well, actually yes and no. While the petition was originally created by an American, ignorant people from around the world have come to agree and are now members of our organization. The fact that none of us has even read any of the Lord of the Rings Books is irrelevant. Besides, we prefer Harry Potter.... which incidentally is another movie series we're thinking of shutting down.

Very funny site :)

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 176 ✭✭MAC_E

I presume thats a pisstake. Click on the very top link and youll go through to the two towers protest page.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 953 ✭✭✭superconor

are either of those sites real?

if they "real" one is, erm, real :) then there really are some sad lads in the world.........

• Registered Users Posts: 1,130 ✭✭✭Pimp Ninja

Originally posted by hells angels

I know this is humour thats why its here .. did you even read the site... :rolleyes:
    Originally posted by MAC_E
    I presume thats a pisstake. Click on the very top link and youll go through to the two towers protest page.

Yup thats why its in the humour board
    Originally posted by superconor
    are either of those sites real?

if they "real" one is, erm, real :) then there really are some sad lads in the world.........

The two towers site is real, the Return of the King link I posted is a parody of TTT site.

Just runes the joke when some people dont get it and it has to be explained :p

Advertisement