Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

NTL analog : why no Sky Sports Extra?

• 13-03-2003 1:00pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 22

Can anyone tell me why NTL don't include Sky Sports Extra in their sports package on non-digital cable?

It's really annoying me because the live US Football is only shown on that channel. I can't get a Sky dish fitted because of my lease. (And there isn't quite enough room in the apartment to install it indoors!)

cheers.

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,726 ✭✭✭✭DMC

As Sky Sports Extra is an exclusive channel to Sky Digital.

When OnDigtial and the cable companies were battling it out with the regulator when Digital TV was about to be started, it was agreed that Sky Sports 1, 2 and 3 were to be made available to all platforms. So Sky set up Sky Sports Extra, firstly to be the home of all the interactive gubbins, but also some new exclusive stuff, like UEFA Cup soccer with certain English clubs.

Lately, Sky schedulers have been putting more mainstream fayre that has been on the other 3 channels on SSE, like NFL, which used to be on SS1 after Super Sunday. Recently the latest Raw edition of WWE was on first on SSE, before repeats on SS1 or 2.

So, there is no chance Sky Sports Extra will appear on NTL analogue, let alone NTL Digital.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 22 Aardvark

Thanks for clearing that up. I thought it might have been because of the interactive stuff (i.e. Sky didn't want NTL distributing the channel without the full services) or maybe because NTL just couldn't be arsed.

Time to persuade all the residents of my apartment block to install a common Sky Digital service. Right, that'll happen!

Advertisement