Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

LPBs & INC

Options
  • 04-04-1998 2:18pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 745 ✭✭✭

2 things not necessarily associated to gether but for one reason
    they both get the most / worts slaggings

the one and nly reason behind ALL of this is JEALOUSY. We hate INC because there one of the best Irish clans that do NOT come out of a college (ie LPB full). We hate the LPBs cos they ARE lpbs and were not! we would all love out own ISDN or T1 lines and expecially the ability to transfer 29megs accross a network in under a minute but we cant and for now anyway (as i agree the day the Quake God will remove lagg will come, hell also remove teleporters, for telefraggs are cheap) so we are all stuck with our sh!tty modems on sh!t networks with cr@p pings! just get over it and pray to the Quake God for good fortune and to him that he will remove the Hour of Lagg FOREVER!
    (perhaps thats boll!x but its early in my day)
    SeP

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 166,026 ✭✭✭✭LegacyUser

PS, i still envy INC and the LPBs but at least i admit WHY!!!
    :)

• Registered Users Posts: 166,026 ✭✭✭✭LegacyUser

:We hate the LPBs cos they ARE lpbs and were not! we would all love out own ISDN or T1 lines and
    [snip]

Sad but true :) well mostly. I was playing Vexorg this morning, and he was dancing all over my head as if I was a first time player, I even knew what he was up to (going for quad, heading for rl) by the sounds, but he still whacked me....

In fact I didn't once kill him, and at one point I had to grab his flag and throw myself into the slime, just so he couldn't get it (I suicided, so he wouldn't see the glug glug message).

So the end of the game, I'm a quivering mass, with my will broken, and he says "Come back when you get an ISDN". I check the pings and he's playing with an 87 ping and I'm just shy of 200. Now I hate him, I hate him with a passion, cause he's faster then me (I don't really hate ya Vexorg :) ... I want more speed, if it means that I have to kill someone, so be it :)

Btw, intresting thing on Q2. I notice that while Low pingers don't freeze you up, and you can still get a dig quite fairly, people with low pings tend to be higher up the scoreboard. Is this the game, the player, or the fact that High pingers aren't used to such a steady game play? Just curious (I'm sure you'll all answer differently).

Now for a non-quake question, I was in town today, and I notice that a lot of shops that I bought something for x.99, I kept getting "I'm sorry, I will have to owe you a penny". After the 5th time I was almost compelled to say "I'll wait till you get change", but I feared that the penny no longer exists. Looks like a great scam, I wonder if it's worth the owe you a penny lark? (I recall being told years ago tomorrows world in Clearys used to hide the pennys, but that was yonks ago).

• Closed Accounts Posts: 745 ✭✭✭SeP

snip]
    : Now for a non-quake question, I was in town today, and I notice that a lot of shops that I bought something for x.99, I kept getting "I'm sorry, I will have to owe you a penny". After the 5th time I was almost compelled to say "I'll wait till you get change", but I feared that the penny no longer exists. Looks like a great scam, I wonder if it's worth the owe you a penny lark? (I recall being told years ago tomorrows world in Clearys used to hide the pennys, but that was yonks ago).

damn right!! this penny thign is a lark!
    some places do it with 5ps n all. i mean ffs COME ON! why dont they just chare 5.00 stead or 4.99! think fu*ks. anyway

also to do with vex, i hate him to and he didnt even have to kick my ass, i hate him COS he has an ISDN :) can i come and play Quake at your house VeX, PLEASEEEEEEY!!!! :)
    SeP

Advertisement