Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Help! Screenshots needed!

Options
  • 13-03-2003 2:08pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 931 ✭✭✭

I need some screenshots of the Text-mode portion of the WIndows 2000 setup routine - specifically the bit where you get to selct "Repair an existing installation" and subsequent screens detailing the repair process.

I can't find them anywhere on the 'net and I don't have a copy of VMware.

Help!

[edit]

Also, rather conveniently, don't have a copy of Win2k Pro CD!

[/edit]

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 35,524 ✭✭✭✭Gordon

Funny you should say that.

Anyway, I have w2k, can I help? I don't understand what you want but I can do stuff on the pc for you if you like.

:confused:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 931 ✭✭✭ozpass

The thing is, I need to write a guide of sorts, as part of what I do at work.

The solution I'm writing at the moment details how to run a "repair installation" on windows 2000. It needs to be fairly simple and hence requires scrreenshots.

The procedure goes along the lines of

1) Set BIOS to boot CD
    2) Insert CD
    3) When CD boots select option "Repair mode"
    4) Select "Fast locate for emergency disk"
    5) etc.

With screenshots required for each stage from (4) onwards.

The problem being that there is no way of taking a screenshot at this stage without a digital camera. I'm assuming someone has done it (Microsoft?) in order to produce guides in the past.

For example, Dell produce BIOS Simulators so that you can run them in Windows and take screenshots of what would be impossible otherwise.

Another solution is to utilise VMWare and install Win2k in a virtual machine and do it that way (screenshottable) but (a) what a ball-ache and (b) I don't have my WIn2k Pro. CD.

Tis a quandary and no mistakin' ;)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 20,346 ✭✭✭✭KdjaCL

Plug a TV into your G card and record it on video then play it back tru your Capture card and take snapshots.

If you dont have the above its a Digi cam job :0

kdjac

• Closed Accounts Posts: 931 ✭✭✭ozpass

Panic over.

No TV cards, or digicams or anything available (alas!)

In case anyone else is experiencing the same problem, you can get your screenies here:

http://www.windowsreinstall.com/install/win2k/repairw2k/page1.htm

Thanks for the help guys! :)

• Registered Users Posts: 11,389 ✭✭✭✭Saruman

Or use a digital camera.. or alternativle.... Google it.. no doubt someone before has done this and they are online!

• Advertisement
Advertisement