Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Is Michael D. flaming out?

Options
  • 13-03-2003 4:57pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 645 ✭✭✭

I heard Michael D. Higgins, T.D. on the radio yesterday fairly blowing his top, pounding his desk and seemingly doing everything but throw himself on the floor and chew the rug in the Dail. Then on the evening news, I watched him with his hands trembling and completing my earlier impression of a man about to flame out.

I was in Minneapolis, Minnesota, USA about 6 years ago and went to see him speak to a group of Irish Americans at a university there. For the first 20 minutes (I'm serious) Michael D. spoke in Irish. There may have been 2 or 3 who understood what he was saying. My impression of his performance was that it was a sly demonstration of contempt for the good and very polite (under the circumstances) people who waited for him to switch into the language they understood. After that, when he speaks, I always hearken back to his Minneapolis persona and nod my head wisely, feeling I know the man very well.

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 88,978 ✭✭✭✭mike65

No one thinks greater of Michael D than Michael D does....the man is a tosser (to use a technical term), who likes nothing more than to remind us of his moral superiority.

"Think of the children, think of the children"

Bah! :mad:

Mike.

• Registered Users Posts: 14,148 ✭✭✭✭Lemming

Whatever about the man .. it was great to see berrrrrrrrrrrtie getting what he deserves, and he CLEARLY didn't like it and looked VERY uncomfortable.

Who's the greater tosser I ask?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 88,978 ✭✭✭✭mike65

Fair point Lemming!

Bertie is tosser "de lux"

Mike.

• Registered Users Posts: 78,411 ✭✭✭✭Victor

Originally posted by mike65
    Bertie is tosser "de lux"
    Pronounced tossé?

Advertisement