Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Mr McArdle

• 13-03-2003 5:10pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 1,506 ✭✭✭

This has been buggin me for a while now, I had originally decided not to say anything but ehh ahwell:

1) Why did he feel the need to call himself LORD.

2) Why did he originally post on the Cambells Catering Monoply Thread and not disclose who he was. "In fact eh" it took nearly two hours for him to do so.

Comments

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 23,556 ✭✭✭✭Sir Digby Chicken Caesar

why did I feel the need to call myself Mordeth? or snowball snowball... it's just a nick, he picked it. and he has the right to it...

as for revealing who he was, .. making a mountain out of.. well nothing really. you're just looking for an excuse to complain..

• Hosted Moderators Posts: 3,290 ✭✭✭TomTom

I did not want to say this but why did you call yourself jackz

and I believe people can do what they want, and post when they want. Maybe he was testing the waters.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,272 ✭✭✭i_am_dogboy

i think theyre calling you a ****ING IDIOT.........but its only a hunch

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,506 ✭✭✭Jackz

if you have a question for dogboy, Pm him.. this has nothing to do with the thread.

*edited by mordeth*

nope, in the LRC

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,315 ✭✭✭ballooba

Originally posted by TomTom
    I did not want to say this but why did you call yourself jackz

and I believe people can do what they want, and post when they want. Maybe he was testing the waters.

Does JP McArdle have a glass stomach or how do you see where you are going?

Are you trying to insinuate something?

Sorry Mord.

I didn't think it was the right way for the students Union President to go about it IMHO.Urself and tomtom don't agree thats cool,you gave reasons why you didn't but dogboy goes the ****ING IDIOT route. Besides if you read his comments in the Canteen Poll it seems that he is the ****ING idiot, "if you don't like the canteen food bring sandwichs" Seems like a great idea. Thats what students should do everytime they face somthing they don't agree with.

np jackz, I can sort of see where you are coming from, but i think the man is entitled to an opinion outside of his office, he told us who he was in his second post, which is good enough for me *shrug*

yes...........thats exactly what i meant, making sandwitches will solve everyones problems, dumbass, i was saying that maybe you people could actually do something rather than sit and moan until you get bored with it..............what do you suggest? anything realistic?

• Advertisement

if you'd read the other thread you'd notice there were plans for a tea-cart or something drawn up, but it is rather late in the year to do anything now.. exams are coming up soon and people just don't have the time.

there's always next year

Originally posted by i_am_dogboy
    yes...........thats exactly what i meant, making sandwitches will solve everyones problems, dumbass, i was saying that maybe you people could actually do something rather than sit and moan until you get bored with it..............what do you suggest? anything realistic?
    A better catering company? The collective bargaining power of a group of students to get the current caterers to pull their socks up? or is this too much like radical thinking?

TomTom your post hardly warrants a reply.

THEN GO DO SOMETHING RATHER THAN SIT AND YOUR ASS AND POST ON BOARDS

Originally posted by Mordeth
    if you'd read the other thread you'd notice there were plans for a tea-cart or something drawn up, but it is rather late in the year to do anything now.. exams are coming up soon and people just don't have the time.

there's always next year

Reminds me of an election slogan
    D.I.T. Do It Tomorrow, Why not do it today?

SU full time officers don't have exams.

I don't see why you come on here to insult or say things about a person, why don't you say it to his face. As far as i know he only registered on boards to reply to the thread in question, he is not a regular user. How are we supposed to know why he called himself lord or why it took two hours to reply, would it be crazy to suggest that he was busy. Your the one asking pointless questions, trying to stir ****, if it really bothers you why don't you go to the SU and ask him personally.

TomTom that makes no sense. How did I insult him and as for saying things about a person if he's not open to some criticism why is he the SU President.

Ok I agree with MORD now after some consideration, this thread has been pointless !! I don't regret bringing it up though that’s the point of the board to gauge what other peoples opinions are. You can appreciate where some people are coming from and you wonder what the hell other people are thinking.

I just thought that for the students union president to post, on a Student Forum without identifying himself, defending the catering company, disliked by the students he is supposed to be representing was not the right thing to do.

Have the student body ever been asked if they had any suggestions about what is provided by cambells ?

I won't claim to know much about catering and plate costing so the only way I can form an opinion about price is to compare what is provided in the canteen with what I get anywhere else. It is just another commercial Kitchen after all, but with the advantage of a guaranteed customer base.

If its a thing that nothing can be done about the price of food in the canteen the quality is deffenitly somthing that can be looked at. The "chips turn into the sausages" discussion verify's that.

just to clarify, me saying you were a ****ing idiot was just a joke

• Closed Accounts Posts: 355 ✭✭Headcase

this is a pointless post.
    Jp has discussed the issue of the canteen with staff and there is only so much he can do.

and i persume you all know that the nominations for next years SU opened today.
    so anyone think they can do a better job, go for it

• Closed Accounts Posts: 836 ✭✭✭Snowball

Originally posted by Headcase
    this is a pointless post.
    Jp has discussed the issue of the canteen with staff and there is only so much he can do.

and i persume you all know that the nominations for next years SU opened today.
    so anyone think they can do a better job, go for it
    shhhh........ thats a secret, its to keep them from seeing the big picture ;);)

:D

• Moderators, Education Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 18,968 Mod ✭✭✭✭Moonbeam

Think you should all vote for me!
    wonder how much it pays:P

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 355 ✭✭Headcase

minium wage.

• Moderators, Education Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 18,968 Mod ✭✭✭✭Moonbeam

Think I shall stick to the day job so:)

Advertisement