Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Returning stuff to Seagate

• 13-03-2003 5:14pm
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 68,317 ✭✭✭✭

Anyone had any experience with this?

I returned a HDD to them on the 29th of January. A replacement was dispatched from them to me on the 9th of February, via the carrier exel.

I'm not at home much, and my housemate works nights a lot, so I didn't think I'd be around when it arrived, but even so, expected a note in the door saying they tried or something.

A week later, nothing. So I email them stating the above. They reply saying that the courier will usually try twice, then leave a card. If I don't get back to them, the drive is returned to seagate (Holland) who try get another address for me. Fair enough.

Another week later, I email them again - no sign of anything. They tell me that they haven't received any notification, so they'll contact the carrier to get a proof of delivery or somesuch. They ask me to "accord us a short time for the research", and that they'll get back to me. No problem.

Two weeks later (3rd March) I email them again. A friendly *bump* :) Their reply - "Please be more patient. We will contact you as soon as we have more information." FS.

It's now nearly 2 months since I sent the HDD from Dublin, and I have no drive.

Anyone?

(Apologies if this is in the wrong forum)

Advertisement