Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

itv2 ftv on bbc card

• 13-03-2003 7:00pm
    Registered Users Posts: 33

hi guy's ,
    not sure if this has been mentioned but ITV2 is is in the clear on the channel id's 3-8 and g54.Only noticed this today.

They can be tuned in on the other channels on 10906v 22000
    fec 5/6.This is the transponderwith utv on it.

It is only availble with a bbc card and cannot be viewed with an irish subscription.

happy viewing,
    digitalman

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,227 ✭✭✭Kramer

Originally posted by digitalman
    not sure if this has been mentioned

nor am I :(

ITV2 is is in the clear on the channel id's 3-8 and g54

So it is!

Nice one ;)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 160 ✭✭Mark_irl

Ahhh some David Letterman tonite, if it stays on that long, nice.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,227 ✭✭✭Kramer

Originally posted by Mark_irl
    Ahhh some David Letterman tonite, if it stays on that long, nice.

Nope!

It's a guest host tonight - Elvis Costello :mad: Dave's off with an eye infection at the mo.

Disappointing :(

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,812 ✭✭✭Charles Slane

I read elsewhere that Dave actually has Shingles, which is a pretty tough thing to go through.

Still it'll be interesting to see how Elvis Costello does a host.

Thanks very much for the heads-up digitalman !!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 267 ✭✭osullima

sssshhhhhhh!!!!!!!! ITV might hear us!! ;)

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 32,417 ✭✭✭✭watty

Pedant Mode:

It isn't and never was a "BBC Card". They never operated the Scheme.

It is a Free To View Card Scheme. Formerly operated by UK P.O. and currently operated by Sky/NDS/BskyB (all one company).

ITV 2 for reasons unknown is frequently even totally Free to Air (but even on a non-Digibox receiver needing specific PID numbers to make it work, that have to be guessed at).

The problem is there never seems to be anything to watch on it!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 245 ✭✭rovingrover

>>>>The problem is there never seems to be anything to watch on it!

champions league!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Ahh!

Sport!

No offence intended.. A humourous thought!

If all the sports fans went out and played sport or viewed it at the local ground, then the sports would not need TV money as they would get it direct from fans and other TV viewers would get better ordinary programs (not all that money spent on Sport), and 3/4 of the "rights" problems across frontiers would vanish.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,726 ✭✭✭✭DMC

k, seeming as we are in pedant mode.....

Can you seriously see a situation where the rights holders to the most popular programmes actually not look for top dollar when it comes to looking some to broadcast their show? If the product is proven, they are going to charge.

Sport is popular. Very popular. More popular than "ordinary programs." Most of the biggest audiences of last year were sport. You may not like that, or like sport, but you cant ignore its popularity. Sport has been the biggest driver of satellite TV in these islands. If it wasn't for sport, especially soccer, satellite TV would not have taken off in the way it has.

If it wasnt for sport, Sky would've had to poach Coronation Street from ITV when it was launching, to have a similar effect.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 269 ✭✭jez

This channel was clear a couple of months ago in the same format (G54)as now. It disappeared as quickly as it came . However,anyone sumise as to why this has become clear. Is it a mistake or are there plans for it to be made available on the FTV Card. It would make sense,because as it stands ITV2 is pay per view on the sky system. i.e you have to have a certain package to view it???

• Advertisement

UK Family pack

• Closed Accounts Posts: 249 ✭✭Icehouse

Might create good publicity for ITV - doG knows they need it, especially with the Beeb grabbing the headlines going FTA and Freeview a success after the ITVDigi disaster - maybe I'm being too optimistic here, but who knows...

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 533 ✭✭✭muffinhead

i'm picking up itv2 on my irish sub-card in the 'other channels' section perfectly! :D

• Moderators, Regional North West Moderators Posts: 19,131 Mod ✭✭✭✭byte
    byte

Originally posted by muffinhead
    i'm picking up itv2 on my irish sub-card in the 'other channels' section perfectly! :D

Won't work for me on my IR sub card! You must have one of those new cards which dont' show RTE!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 21 darthdublin

Yeah ITV2 is on my English FTV Card.
    But not on my ROI Sub Card!!.
    Great stuff indeed.
    But how long will it be there for???.

Please GOD forever.

Good for the Footie.

Regards.

P.s Cheers for the info on how to find it.

• Registered Users, Subscribers, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,351 ✭✭✭mike2084

I glad it was FTV tonight as that "Richard Hillman Exposed" programme on ITV2 at 8 was throughly entertaining.

As of this morning (Sat 15 Mar 2003), G54 (ITV2) is:
    Not FTA: Will not work on FTA receiver or Digibox with no card.
    Not ROI: Will not work on a "proper ROI" card.
    FTV: a UK FTV card works
    Sub: A UK Family pack of course works the regular ITV2

Some ROI card are fortuitously faulty allowing all ITV regions, C4, Five and any other non-BBC FTV in addition to FTA, but only generally via "other channels"

Hmm. Can I have a new but faulty ROI card please, Mr Murdock?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 533 ✭✭✭muffinhead

Originally posted by watty
    As of this morning (Sat 15 Mar 2003), G54 (ITV2) is:
    Not FTA: Will not work on FTA receiver or Digibox with no card.
    Not ROI: Will not work on a "proper ROI" card.
    FTV: a UK FTV card works
    Sub: A UK Family pack of course works the regular ITV2

Some ROI card are fortuitously faulty allowing all ITV regions, C4, Five and any other non-BBC FTV in addition to FTA, but only generally via "other channels"

Hmm. Can I have a new but faulty ROI card please, Mr Murdock?

yeah watty I got one o' those :D! it's great cos it saves me from changing the two cards around but it's fecking annoying not getting the irish channels or bbc1:mad: !

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,107 ✭✭✭John R

these extra itv2 channels seem to come and go. It was available a few months ago for a while, then just a test card then nothing, with a bit of luck it will last this time.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,432 ✭✭✭pbirney

Interestingly, according to the current Irish Sky brochure (printed December 2002), ITV2 is included in the Irish family pack!

Paul.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 28,128 ✭✭✭✭Mossy Monk

that leaflet also said that Talk Sport was available (it's not). it also mentioned BBC radio was available except that it never told us how to tune them in. ie. we'll give the same leaflet to everyone. why bother printing a different one for those people in Ireland. i am referring to the leaflet i received in the welcome pack when i signed up for Sky Digital.

does the up to date leaflet mention RTÉ, TV3 or TG4?

• Moderators, Regional North West Moderators Posts: 19,131 Mod ✭✭✭✭byte
    byte

Yes, the Irish brochure lists the 4 irish terrestrials and BBC1NI and BBC2NI. The addition of ITV2 and talkSport was a printing error. It was probably printed in UK... :rolleyes:

• Registered Users Posts: 1,432 ✭✭✭pbirney

Originally posted by Mossy Monk
    that leaflet also said that Talk Sport was available (it's not). it also mentioned BBC radio was available except that it never told us how to tune them in. ie. we'll give the same leaflet to everyone. why bother printing a different one for those people in Ireland. i am referring to the leaflet i received in the welcome pack when i signed up for Sky Digital.

does the up to date leaflet mention RTÉ, TV3 or TG4?
    I am familiar with the leaflet you are referring to, however this is a different leaflet (A5 booklet format). I picked it up in Currys, Liffey Valley. It does not mention TalkSport nor BBC radio, but does show the Irish terrestrials and ITV2 as part of the Family Pack and is a specially produced booklet for the Irish market i.e. all prices in Euro.

Paul.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 28,128 ✭✭✭✭Mossy Monk

Originally posted by pbirney
    a specially produced booklet for the Irish market i.e. all prices in Euro

very poor effort by Sky then
    could this be a case of deliberate false advertising, ie. make them think ITV2 is on it and they will sign up
    probably a bit far fetched

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,011 ✭✭✭carrolls

ITV 2 has been replaced with the William Road test card again
    .:mad:
    Somebody must be using this feed (maybe for cable or broadband).
    That means It must have just changed frequencies. It must be still available under some other label.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 15 Stoneball

I really doubt it lads its always the same it never lasts and we all know it.

Advertisement