Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

chart show tv fta ?

• 13-03-2003 7:14pm
    Registered Users Posts: 33

hi guy's,
    was messing around with my irish sub and uk non sub boxes today and always taught chart shw tv was fta.I removed my irish card and put it in backwards and rebooted to load in the epg with just all the fta channels available.

when the box rebooted all the usual fta channels loaded up but chart shop tv was not on it.Video vault was however.

What i don't understand is when i remove my irish sub card with the usual irish epg i can still get chart show tv on the box fta.
    Also when i remove the uk bbc card from the other box the channel is still viewable.

why does it not show up on the epg with just the fta channels on it? any idea's ?

digitalman.

Comments

• Moderators, Regional North West Moderators Posts: 19,130 Mod ✭✭✭✭byte
    byte

Yeah, i noticed this too and thought it very strange for it not to be enlisted without a card. I guess you can manually tune it in via Add Channels if you know the frequency.

I remember the same thing when Q channel was FTA. You had to manually tune it to watch it. Unfortunately, the channel finally encrypted and lost its way somewhat! :(

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 32,417 ✭✭✭✭watty

There seem to be a couple of Pay channels on the "FTA Epg"
    There are a few channels missing (recent additions) from the FTA EPG, they do work via other channels.

I haven't checked fully but the following are FTA (work with no card via Other channels)
    P-Rock
    Performance
    Classic FM TV
    Chart Hits TV & Chart Shop TV
    BBC Radio 7
    S4C

They may be missing from FTA EPG though.

I have full details of ALL FTA channels on Eurobird / Astra2, as my PC Card receiver doesn't care for Sky EPGs. It just automatically adds *ALL* the channells. I then delete the Black Screen TV and Silent Radio (Except I keep the Encrypted Irish TV as the Teletext still works and PC stores ALL the pages and works with mouse click on page numbers anywhere in a page).

I'll set up a web page if there is any demand.

This site is useful: http://www.wildsat.com/

WWW.astra.lu lists the astra transponders, but not Eurobird

www.lyngsat.com lists the kitchcen sink, if it is in orbit transmitting something.

Advertisement