Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

eye of teror campane questions

• 13-03-2003 7:47pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 42

hey iv been wondering a few things bout the eye o terror campane so i thought id ask u lot

first off this is my first campane so if i go into gw to play will i be the only half experenced person having only been battaling on and of for a year

second u know the way its chaos are invading imperial space dose tht mean its just cadians and chaos or will they bend it a bit 4 other armys??

and lastley when exactly are the new moddels coming out i mean will we have time to paint them 4 the camapane or will the staff be the only ones who have them??????:confused:

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 14,148 ✭✭✭✭Lemming

Originally posted by Metaxis
    second u know the way its chaos are invading imperial space dose tht mean its just cadians and chaos or will they bend it a bit 4 other armys??

There are other armies listed besides the Cadians in the new codex apparently. Names include Space Wolves (13th Company) and Ulthwe Eldar Craftworld

and lastley when exactly are the new moddels coming out i mean will we have time to paint them 4 the camapane or will the staff be the only ones who have them??????:confused:

I was told by the studio boys at Conflict, but I can't remember. BUT on an aside note, I've seen the Space-Wolves 13th Company and the new Cadians *droooooooooooooooool* :D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 31,967 ✭✭✭✭Sarky

As long as you know the rules you'll be fine, I went up to the GW in the city to play in the 3rd war for Armageddon, and most of the players were wee kids that had little or no idea...

On the other hand there were madmen who brought 3 BANEBLADE super heavy tanks along. The mind boggles at people who actually use 40K scale Baneblades in their games...Madness...

Keep a damn close eye on your models too, I came back with a couple of my favorites missing.Grr, Slaanesh worshipping evil scum, stealing my nicest painted orks......:mad: May their Tayto have bits of green in them and a diseased Yak take a liking to their sister!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,136 ✭✭✭Pugsley

On the other hand there were madmen who brought 3 BANEBLADE super heavy tanks along. The mind boggles at people who actually use 40K scale Baneblades in their games...Madness...
    WHo the hell gets 3 baneblades? not only are they over 600 points EACH on the field, but their cost is well over £100 (probably near 200 euro). People like that must have more money than sense.

Add to that they convinced the staff in charge that they could actually RECYCLE one or two lost tanks (I have no idea how, but we managed to destroy one or two of them...)

'Tis a wonder the orks and their allies pulled off a victory at all...But we did. :D

It was great fun though, both sides barely had enough space on the table to fit all their forces on! Well worth going to the odd campaign...

• Closed Accounts Posts: 42 Metaxis

cool but......
    Keep a damn close eye on your models too, I came back with a couple of my favorites missing
    is it realy tht bad???? and....
    I've seen the Space-Wolves 13th Company and the new Cadians
    do the cadians have ne new tanks r nething r is it just new men
    :confused:

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 14,148 ✭✭✭✭Lemming

cool but......

is it realy tht bad???? and....

It's no different to any other kind of event. There's always people with sticky fingers. That said, I've heard few thieving incidents in all my years at Gaelcon.

do the cadians have ne new tanks r nething r is it just new men

That I don't know unfortunately. The display cabinet at Confict only had men in it.

cool but......

is it really tht bad????

Weeeell, I'm not ruling out the possibility that it may have been my fault. There's a lot of (excuse the pun) chaos at these campaigns, and it's easy for things to just go missing in all the hurly burly and excitement. The models may have been stolen, but then again they may have just got misplaced at one end of the table while I was packing up at the other end.

Either way, it's a good idea to watch your models closely just in case, and don't "loan" useful pieces to someone further down the line unless you're sure you'll get it back and that it'll really be more useful there. I really missed my looted Basilisk that day...

• Closed Accounts Posts: 42 Metaxis

well im glad i got that out of the way so are aney of u going to it???

.......and one other thing when and where are the golden demons held???? :confused:

Looks like a lot of kickass stuff will be released for the campaign...

The Cadians look nice, but my god does that model of Typhus, Keeper of the Destroyer Hive, look like the pup's nuts!

And the Defiler is looking awesome.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 767 ✭✭✭nesthead

the Golden Demons are done at Games Day, but its a waste of time entering because the studio or former studio painters win every year (e.g. Matt Parkes)

its also such a pain in the hole having to bring you model on the boat and bus without it getting destroyed and collecting it and carrying it around at the event when you are eliminated from the preliminary rounds. also if you enter you will get into the event late and miss all the limited advance releases (except last year when NO-ONE bought the Tomb Kings stuff, hehe)

anyone here been to Games Day? (travelling with the shop or on their own?)

• Advertisement
Advertisement