Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Business in Co. Tipperary (Good Points/Bad Points)

Options
  • 13-03-2003 8:25pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 35

I'm living in Co.Mayo at the moment, but I'm considering moving..

I would like to establish a business, and I have been looking at the following towns as possible suitable locations;

_CO. TIPPERARY_
    Nenagh
    Roscrea
    Thurles
    Tipperary

Has anyone any knowledge of living in or running/owning a business inany of these towns?

Do any of these towns have well-known problems with businesses having problems with local criminals. Or does anyone have any knowledge about general crime rates in any of the above towns?

Or does anyone have any general comments about living in any of these towns? Any good points or bad points which I should know about?

Any comments or advice is appreciated, or send an email to me at

claire2003@clontarf.net

See ya!

Claire

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 15,258 ✭✭✭✭Rabies

What type of business are you thinking about setting up?
    Do any of these towns have well-known problems with businesses having problems with local criminals. Or does anyone have any knowledge about general crime rates in any of the above towns?
    We kicked the mafia out of Thurles last week, we will be sorting the triads out next week, so I think your business will be safe here.
    Dunno about the other towns but Thurles is ok, its not the worst town around.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 35 claire2003

Hi Rabies,

glad to hear the Mafia are gone, and he triads are going....

Though Criminals do not always have to be members of such organisations, a criminal can simply be some local thug(s) who come round to your business premises and threaten all manner of things.

This sort of thing can unfortunately happen to some business owners in some parts of Dublin.

I want to make sure I don't move to a town which has a well known problems with local thugs.

Thanks for letting me know about Thurles. I haven't heard bad about it.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,233 ✭✭✭Dont Ban Me

See whats actually happening here Claire is that Rabies may actually be a possible thug, and is trying to lure your successful business into Thurles in order to allow him to sabotage it with his mindless thuggary!! :D

Nah Im in Thurles myself, and although its quiet, it would be grand for any business.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 35 claire2003

Thanks Guys!

Have you ever been to Galway City?

Laid-back, chilled, arty place.

Do you of the towns in Co. Tipperary

Nenagh
    Roscrea
    Thurles
    Tipperary Town

have a similar outlook?

Just wondered!

Thanks again.

• Registered Users Posts: 19,396 ✭✭✭✭Karoma

What sort of business? We can probably help give a basic demographic... (And you thunk i'd gone forgot all that thar business studies talk!) and a list of amenities.

Nenagh - supposedly highest crime rate of the towns listed...
    clonmel - loadsa people...
    thurles - not as many people, more centralised though and stuff...

roswhere? :)

http://www.tippinst.ie/about/about.htm -- links at side have some spiel aboot thurles n clonmel (Typical bull as would be expected) :)

Do you like sheep?

• Advertisement
Advertisement