Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Damn school

Options
  • 13-03-2003 9:39pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 32

mocks! aargh! annoyance! death!

You get the message.

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,105 ✭✭✭Tyrrial

it's all over for me...
    i did my crazy leaving thing a few years ago, haven't looked back since. college is the greatest place on earth (disney land is pretty cool to)

i'm sure you'll survive, or at least get through it with most of your limbs

• Closed Accounts Posts: 49 the fuz

i had mine a few weeks ago,i failed the lot of them,but hey its only the mocks:D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 153 ✭✭startled_frog

We got our mocks the second week of January. straight after Christmas. No wonder I failed.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,343 ✭✭✭polarbelly

*reminisces fondly

best days of ur life

oh the nostalgia

• Closed Accounts Posts: 75 ✭✭nuvolari

i always thought you were meant to fail the mocks to lower everyones expectations.....

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 747 ✭✭✭Cherry

Originally posted by polarbelly
    best days of ur life

What absolute utter bollox :D

to put it bluntly.. :)

• Registered Users Posts: 14,330 ✭✭✭✭Amz

I've said it before and I'll say it again!
    I'm hungry!

But anyway back to the point of this thread School is a pain the arse but it's worth it in the end!

When you're stuck studying for an anatomy exam on Tuesday morning which means you wont be able to go out for patricks nite you realise that the leaving cert was piss easy and that if you had actually studied you'd probably still be in the same course you're in now (this is just me) but next year when the "hard work" or the leaving cert is over you'll be happier knowing that you've done your best and hopefully as a result you're doing a course that you really enjoy!

I mean im doing a BSc at the moment and if any or ye thought/think leaaving cert biology was tough i have nearly twice the volume of work to do by tuesday as i had in the whole two years of LC biology. But im happy in my course because i know i worked for it and at the end of the day that's all you can do....

Cheer up kids it'll all be over before ya know it! At least ye got to see the World Cup matches and while sitting in the pub with yer pint watching spain VS ireland ye weren't contemplating the chmical formula of your pint!

(yeah i probably am just spouting off here but it's how i feel god damn it!)

• Registered Users Posts: 2,287 ✭✭✭thedrowner

Originally posted by Tyrrial
    it's all over for me...
    i did my crazy leaving thing a few years ago,

i thought u were still in school for some reason
    sorry
    he he!
    what college u in?

• Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 16,696 Mod ✭✭✭✭Silverfish

I did my leaving cert possibly the year after all of you were born!!!:(

Aha School is so cool. Just wait til you get into the real world, with bills, responsibilities, crazy bosses, demented flatmates and dealing with insurance companies.

Ahhhhhhh, I wish I was back in the days where all I had to worry about was how the hell I could learn to speak irish in three days and how much I could sell my books for the minute I finished each exam and how drunk I would get on the proceeds.....and whether my parents would notice.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 153 ✭✭startled_frog

The mocks are always harder than the Leaving Cert.
    I left school in fifth year then decided to go back and finish, why??? I don't know...

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 11,980 ✭✭✭✭Giblet

The mocks will be harder plainly because you mightn't have covered some of the stuff yet, and when the leaving cert comes arounds, it's basically a carbon copy of the mocks.

• Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 16,696 Mod ✭✭✭✭Silverfish

See in the Sunday Independent today an article on how the mocks are marked??

I knew it!! Ha!! I knew somebody only took 23 minutes to mark my papers and hence didn't see my sterling work!!

So now!!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,105 ✭✭✭Tyrrial

the fantastic, magical wonderful wold of college (DCU) is well worth the hell which is the leaving cert, but i find that it's only as bad as you make it for yourself.
    just don't get all wrapped up in points and stuff, asnd it'll bew just fine.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 359 ✭✭Macseamusa

haha the leaving cert, what a mess. the mocks i got 360, in the leaving i got 375, just enuf to get me into arts. and if that wasnt bad enuf my birthday was in between the ****ing exams. Having to study on ur birthday is not a lot of fun.
    But thank god college was invented. start whenever u want in the morning and then proceed to the student bar after a few lectures.:):):):):) hehe just something else. Everyone should play the hour of power(which actually lasts 100 mins not 60...) u take a shot of beer every minute, if u get sick or go for a piss u are out of the game. so if u get the 100 shots u have drunk 4 cans in one hour and 40 mins, which is quite a feat. Of course we did it last night with shot glasses that were twice the size of normal ones.so we got to 100 after 45 mins.........damm it was fun.:p

• Registered Users Posts: 2,287 ✭✭✭thedrowner

i go back to college (if i get into it) on my 21st, macseamusa. fun. and it's a monday. yick.

yeah. mocks. ick. horrid.

Advertisement