Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Question on relegation...

• 13-03-2003 10:06pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 144 ✭✭

I just started to follow European soccer, and I don't understand how the relegation system works. Can someone explain how it works in the English leagues? Thanks a lot!

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 20,346 ✭✭✭✭KdjaCL

Teams that finish in the bottom 3 get regulated to lower division.

kdjac

• Closed Accounts Posts: 144 ✭✭frood4t2

I understand that, but then I hear talk of Sunderland being relegated down to the Nationwide league... I would have thought that they would go to First Division? Or maybe I was reading something wrong... I just would find that funny.

Nationwide sponsor the 1st 2nd and 3rd divisions so they are refered to as the Nationwide Div 1,2,3

kdjac

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,832 ✭✭✭Waylander

IN division one the first two teams get automatically promoted. Third to Sixth then have a play off for the last promotion spot. These playoff are often amongst the best televised matches of the season.

Originally posted by Waylander
    IN division one the first two teams get automatically promoted. Third to Sixth then have a play off for the last promotion spot. These playoff are often amongst the best televised matches of the season.

And always on a frikkin monday thats a bank holiday in England and not here so we normally in work when these cracking games are played.
    This year im not workin mondays bet the matches are crap.

kdjac

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 2,832 ✭✭✭Waylander

Swindon v Leicester the year Swindon got promoted was one of the best matches I ever saw.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 144 ✭✭frood4t2

Ah, understood... thanks!

• Registered Users Posts: 2,164 ✭✭✭Space Coyote

remember the sunderland V charlton playoff final a few years back....4-4 aet, clive mendonca hat-trick, went to penos, poor michael grey missed, charlton went up. one of the most exciting games i've seen ever...

Advertisement