Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Webmasters: Need more traffic.

Options
  • 13-03-2003 11:04pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 39

I'm starting a new BANNER and TRAFFIC Exchange programm. I already have more than 20 Irish Webmasters interested in the project. If you think you need a little BOOST in the traffic of your site.
    Please send me and email to jeanito@yahoo.com and I will send you full information about this project.

No $$$ involved. This is not for profit. Only is an exchange banner system with great % of hits.

Cheers
    Gracias!

:D

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 287 ✭✭donaloconnor

Any previews of your project online yet? If you are looking for a web developer you might be interested in contacting me :D

Donal

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 8,486 ✭✭✭miju

can anyone actually get a reply from this e-mail address cos I've tried around 4 times to get one now and nothing, nada zip

• Registered Users Posts: 9,579 ✭✭✭Webmonkey

I tried 2 but no reply, loooks like a scam or something :confused:

• Registered Users Posts: 7,739 ✭✭✭mneylon

Guys. If somebody were to setup a new whatever, don't you think it would make more sense if they posted a URL to the site???

Originally posted by blacknight
    Guys. If somebody were to setup a new whatever, don't you think it would make more sense if they posted a URL to the site???

I agree :o

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 944 ✭✭✭nahdoic

If there's that many of yous, why are you waiting for this guy? just pm the people who said they were interested and start sharing your banners/links ... no?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 39 karpovx

Sorry guys for the delay. I have been quite busy trying to put on the site.
    It will be ready for this monday week (hopefully).
    The url is www.bestirishsites.com (I haven´t change the dns so is not up...)
    The way it works is quite easy....
    the web will offer to webmasters the following services.

1. Banner exchange
    2. Poll of the Best Webpages base on a top 10 with click on and out...
    3. free submit to searches (I will have this ready in 1 month more!):eek:
    4. A great Gallery with Screen Shots of the best Webs in different categories
    and finally a Prize to the following categories.
    a. Best Design
    b. Best Community
    c. Best original idea.
    e. Best Irish E-Business
    f. Best Online Service.

Also Boards, News, Classifieds, etc...

Any idea?
    Suggestion?
    :p:p:p
    This not a scam.
    Please if you are really interested send me your info with desc of your site and how you want to help.
    This is 100% Free and is only done for the idea of building a serious community of webmasters.

Cheers.... y hasta pronto....

Gabriel

If you want to contact me by MSN jgmachuret@hotmail.com

:cool:

• Registered Users Posts: 944 ✭✭✭nahdoic

Sounds interesting. If you're really looking to provide a free service I'll give you some free promotion on StatCounter.com when you're set up. I've already got quite a community of webmasters.

Great... i will contact you next week when the web is up!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 8,478 ✭✭✭GoneShootin

http://www.advertiseireland.com also do a similar jobbie

• Advertisement

http://www.advertiseireland.com only offers bannerexchange.
    That´s it.
    There is no feeling of community.
    No news.
    No feedback.
    Etc...

:p

Originally posted by karpovx
    http://www.advertiseireland.com only offers bannerexchange.
    That´s it.
    There is no feeling of community.
    No news.
    No feedback.
    Etc...

:p
    So what do you propose? The 'net is strewn with online communities that fail due to lack of interest.

Good Point Blacknight.
    Online Communities faile every day around the net.
    I know.
    But in the irish net there isn´t a serious community of irish webmasters.
    Don´t you think a website like the one I trying to develope could help?

I think the exchange of services is a great system in the net. I just arrived from working 3 years in spain, and the webmaster community is greating great partnerships that are helping to improve the quality of many sites, aswell as helping webmaster to provide a better service and to improve their traffic and their possibilities of making some $.

May be the idea sounds stupid. May be is an stupid idea. :)
    But some times is good to try.
    You are more than welcome to become part of this project at any stage.

Thanks for your comment.

Cool, i was achualy thinking of something bringing free lance web masters together by creating a web development company run by webmasters. Each webmaster gets a share of the work and a share of the company. like they log into a control panel and it displays their statistics eg how much work they done, whats needed to do. and a monthly share?

Just an idea for those free lance webmasters out there that need to get some money and plus it will be a lot easier to get customers as we will be based all over the country.

Ok sorry for getting off the topic here but we cud bring the whole adveritisng thing into 1 site with the web development site.

What ye think?

./Webmonkey

That´s it.
    A community works when their members work for it.
    Is simple if we have enough webmasters working in one idea... this project could be great for everyone....

i run 2 sites thats in my sig the music one could benefit with traffic increases cos i've an original idea thats not been done on the net before as far as i know so please PM me or e-mail me at damien.gill@irishmusicnetwork.net and tell me how i can help out cos i'd love to be a part of this in sopme way or another

• Registered Users Posts: 5,356 ✭✭✭NeVeR

I run and Own www.webhostingforums.net on my own

I opened a new part the other day , with listing for reseller/host etc,

I would love to help in anyway i can,

Regards
    David

karpovx I don't mean to be an 'aguafiestas', but more of a devil's advocate. The population of Ireland is not as big as that of Spain or a lot of other countries, so getting a new online community off the ground may not be as easy as you think.
    Boards is not webmaster specific (obviously) but has enough members with diverse interests to remain one of the most exciting online communities in Ireland.

Yes I know.
    But at least this idea can be used as a good tool for people like you and also for webmasters, students, etc...

Spanish webpages have a great traffic. From Spain and SouthAmerica
    And don't worry "no eres un aguafiestas"

I still think that is possible.
    Not easy.
    But possible.

And if it doesn't work...
    It will go to the history of irish web sites that failed trying to reach glory.:D

Regards
    ;)

Hey There people

Why think negitive bout it lads? Its worth a try isnt it. You won't know till you try it! :D

./Webmonkey

• Advertisement

well said webmonkey I'd the same problem of pessimists not willing to give my site a try but after a year of hard slog I've now overcome all that and will be shortly implementing my great idea. (sorry for hijacking thread people)

Advertisement