Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Personal Quirks

Options
  • 14-03-2003 1:44am
    Closed Accounts Posts: 1,363 ✭✭✭Mystic Fibrosis

I'm vegetating, in deep thought, etc. and I was just wondering if anyone had any bizarre things about their personality. (NOT habits). And try not to get all angsty.

Me, i LOVE the dark. So much. I prefer the nightime to daytime and i try to experience as much of it as possible. I also seem to like dead things like bodies and violence. I have a peculiar desire to find the lowest point in my metabolism and exploit it and enjoy it. Most of my quirks revolve around those.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,880 ✭✭✭nosmo

Originally posted by Mystic Fibrosis
    Me, i LOVE the dark. So much. I prefer the nightime to daytime and i try to experience as much of it as possible. I also seem to like dead things like bodies and violence.
    Wow.. He's sooooo spoooky
    :MEGA****INROLLEYES:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,590 ✭✭✭lordsippa

Well sir, I step in front of cars and sue the drivers.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,738 ✭✭✭Barry Aldwell

I piss off people that don't want a war on Iraq by telling them that the people of Iraq don't matter and should be exterminated*, just for kicks. I've yet to meet one that doesn't get riled up at that.

*I'm pro war, but not this extreme.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,880 ✭✭✭nosmo

My Legs Hurt

• Registered Users Posts: 895 ✭✭✭imp

Not sure if this counts as a habit or a quirk but anyway... when eating something like Skittles or Pringles (i.e. something that you eat several of at once), I always have to eat an even number at a time. Always. It pisses me off if I offer someone a chewing gum and they only take one, then there's an odd number left in the pack for me! Aaahhh!!! And Tic-Tacs always come with an odd number in the pack. THE W@NKERS!!!

Oh and also I have to divide my food evenly between the left and right hand sides of my mouth, if its something like: a sandwich, a snack, the aforementioned even numbers of little things, etc. but not if its dinner or dessert.

Yeah. That's weird.

Can anyone else think of any quirks that I have??

}:>

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 2,028 ✭✭✭oq4v3ht0u76kf2

I, like Barry, have been promoting war to the fullest extent of my powers (read: insulting crusty anti-war protesting hippies [repeatedly], randomly shouting bomb Iraq, etc.) but that's not a personal quirk... that's just me annoying all these so-called "sensitive" and "caring" arsefaces. A minority of them truly believe in their cause, the rest are just muppets and deserve to have their eyeballs slowly burned away and then be circumsized by a rusty spoon.

Other quirks... I dunno... I'm slowly losing the ability to speak coherently. I can form ideas and such in my head, and perform physical tasks perfectly... however my speech has gone to **** lately... it's comical really.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,155 ✭✭✭SOL

I'm totally nuts but don't worry cause that makes me cool and sexy
    :Everwonderedwhatthebackofyoureyesocketslookslike:

• Registered Users Posts: 2,648 ✭✭✭smiles

Hmmmm.... I don't think I've many quirks at all.

I tend to memorize details of situations (whenever it strikes me), like car registration plates, colours, times, what strangers around me are wearing, etc....

<< Fio >>

• Closed Accounts Posts: 458 ✭✭ll=llannah

i memorize liscence plates too. its strange. and phone numbers. i dunno. they just stick in my head.
    the funniest one i've ever come across was the plate on the back of a cool vintage black car said FEIS MOM.
    which was at a feis. (dance comp)
    which can be considered
    1) a quirk
    2) a hobby
    3) a sport
    4) a religion
    5) something that put me in the cast that my ankle is in right now

• Registered Users Posts: 20,617 ✭✭✭✭PHB

Little quirks, lets see.

If anything makes a noise when you close it or turn it I can't leave the room until i've heard the click, its like it opens a longing in my body that can be only filled by that sound.

Im an ex-coca cola addict, 6 months and still going strong!

I like the memorise stuff for the fun of it, like what order people come in my phonebook and whatnot, but havn't had as much time to do this since the leaving cert :/

I'm sure i've got hunderds others i just can't think about.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,328 ✭✭✭Sev

Im an obsessive compulsive perfectionist about the simplest of things.

(I deleted 5 previous posts before I was happy with this)

On the subject of memorising, I learned pi to 300. It was kind of a challenge, and I manage to do it during a double re-run of friends. I can only remember about 100 to this today, and I stream it off subconsciously :/

Wait till the Summer, I'll top it up to 1000, and then Dave owes me a tenner.

Originally posted by Sev
    I learned pi to 300. It was kind of a challenge, and I manage to do it during a double re-run of friends. I can only remember about 100 to this today, and I stream it off subconsciously :/

Wait till the Summer, I'll top it up to 1000

Now THAT will impress me!

Not that it hasn't already...

• Registered Users Posts: 389 ✭✭Aliminator

:eek: ??? good grief man.
    Math is about APPROXIMATION!! no one gives a rat's ass about pi to greater than about 13 decimal places. everything is about approximation!! Taylor, Maclaurin series, Simpson's Rule and hte like. stupid math option.

• Registered Users Posts: 408 ✭✭purplepolkadot

no one gives a rat's ass about pi to greater than about 13 decimal places.

that's kindof pushing it right there, if you had have cut that sentence off after 'pi'...

• Closed Accounts Posts: 430 ✭✭qwidgybo

hehe,my sentiments exactly,purplepolkadot....

i have to sit on the left-hand side of trains and buses
    i say thank you to atms and vending-machines
    i wave when saying goodbye on the phone (only sometimes,though)
    i prance around my house a lot.and when i'm not prancing physically,i'm usually prancing in my head.

do pet hates count as personality quirks?cos i have a lot of them...

• Registered Users Posts: 6,560 ✭✭✭Woden

i'm very particular about the items i buy, usually books, i want them to be in immaculate condition (usually the star trek ones which i collect) i usually look at the spines of all copies of a book before buying even crossing over from hodges figgis to waterstones on dawson street numerous times til i'm satisfied, i've tried to ease up recently when buying other books such as iain m. banks as they are bigger, smaller font and i don't get into them as quickly so inevitiably they get damaged in my bag.

on similar subject buying a star trek video and i liked the condition of case and the condition of the leaflet behind the case cover in another, went about swopping them in hmv on henry street to the extend that i dropped one of the video's broke it, security guard approached me (could have been watching me on camera) and i handed him the broken one, but it was all good.

eh what else, i like to be facing away from the direction a train is travelling, on a double decker bus like to be upstairs on the left on a seat near the stairs and on a bendy bus i head for the set near the back which as the single seat perpendicular to it but thats probably coz i can put my feet up

if i think of anymore i'll let you know

oh and i have certain order for the star trek book which i more or less strictly adhere to but mistakes could have crept into over the years.

• Registered Users Posts: 13,034 ✭✭✭✭It wasn't me!

I work out everything in my life as a maths problem, which scares me ****less because I hate maths beyond everything else that's evil in the world!

Please tell me oh agony aunts of CTYI, am I or am I not insane? Prove this beyond all doubt and you can claim your free happy meal at Mc. Donalds.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,560 ✭✭✭Woden

your problem could probably be solved with proof by induction or contradiction :)

• Registered Users Posts: 644 ✭✭✭strawberry

I really don't like it when people touch my belly button. It feels horrible. *Shudder*

• Registered Users Posts: 408 ✭✭purplepolkadot

i have to eat maltesers and skittles in twos. i just do.
    and stupid maltesers people make them with and odd number. every time. mother****ers.

my voice goes really reallllllllllllyyyyyy high-pitched when i'm irritated by something/one

for some reason people always greet me/remind me of their presence/tell me they want to pay for something at work by like poking each side of my waist simultaneously.
    it makes me jump and yelp. people suck. i hate people.

oh and i can't explain ANYTHING without drawing a diagram or comparing it to something really unusual. which is annoying.
    i LOVE the dark. So much. I prefer the nightime to daytime and i try to experience as much of it as possible. I also seem to like dead things like bodies
    are you absolutely one hundred percent sure you're all there/not dracula?

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 406 ✭✭shep the malevolent pixie

i have no personality quirks. i am completely sane. :D

*runs around the room squealing like a stuck pig and falls over a dancing mongoose* DANCE CRAZY MOFOS, DANCE!! she steals my facial hair baby, i don't kinda try takin' this sh.it from nobody, she ain't my bruddah woman! i don't know yoooou anymore! sheila did a heavy on the platform shoes, we ARE what we ate yesterday.
    C
    aBba
    Ges.

sHep :cool:

oh, barry and bob- what are your grounds for being pro-war? are you honestly naive enough that you believe that bush and blair give a flying f.uck about the iraqi people? i mean jeezus lads, there is absolutely NO legal standing for this war, it's a war of aggression and is TOTALLY without moral cause.
    and believe it or not, this isn't even as into this as i could get. ;p

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,363 ✭✭✭Mystic Fibrosis

Wow! A real live disgruntled teenager! :P

Originally posted by shep the malevolent pixie
    are you honestly naive enough that you believe that bush and blair give a flying f.uck about the iraqi people?
    No. Saddam must be deposed, and they're doing a bang up job at the moment. They have flattened one presidential palace, without damage to surrounding buildings. (And before anyone mentions the house that was hit, you try flying through a stream of hot metal travelling at over twice the speed of sound and not panicing.)
    i mean jeezus lads, there is absolutely NO legal standing for this war,
    They find as little as a thimbleful of anthrax and the first Gulf War officially never ended. According to Fox News they have already found a WMD dump.
    it's a war of aggression and is TOTALLY without moral cause.
    Except ridding a country of a corrupt and evil dictator who right now has his own personal SS stationed in with the civilian occupants of Baghdad, and who ordered American uniforms for his troops so that he could fake shots of "American" troops killing Iraqi civilians. And all wars are wars of aggression. Without aggression there is no war.

Got a problem with the war? Go be a human shield. The Republican Guard can't get enough of them.

Such are my personal quirks.

Hmm... not so much a quirk <bite me you sick little vampiric weirdo> but...

I got a lot of stick last night cause i admitted to not believing all people are equal. Not that i judge it on the basis of any generalisations like class or colour or religion or whatever... just... i dunno... worth of the individual. I can best summarise it as a nicer version of Crowleys "Beggars and kings"...

anyway... views?

Saddam Deposition: yes
    Chimpanzee deposition: MOST ****ING DEFINITELY. Spoiled kid just wants to say: "look daddy, i did it!" stupid pro-war ppl.
    Blair is even worse: "Those soldiers were courageous and brave to do what they thought was right" my ****ing ass. it's their job. they can't exactly say: "sir, no sir! i think it is wrong sir!"

and to all those who are for war, WAIT AND SEE WHEN YOUR HOME HAS THE **** BLOWN OUT OF IT. Ignorant muppets.

none of this woulda happened in the first place if chimp's pawp hadn't supplied saddam with weapons, info, money, the full ride. ignorant lumps the lot of ya pro-war-ers

• Registered Users Posts: 594 ✭✭✭eden_my_ass

I'm living on a tightrope, and god help anyone around when I finally crack.

My achilles heel you see is very low sounds (or repetitive ones e.g. clocks). If I'm in a quiet situation and I start hearing any slight noise, such as the whirr of a electric fire, the ticking of a clock etc. I get irritated. Then if no-one or nothing distracts me from the noise, I get more and more irritated until I actually have to lash out at the offending object ( really!, I have broken stuff before for no other good reason).

I just hope I don't end up with a snorer (She'll die peacefully once I've put the pillow over her).....

Originally posted by Aliminator
    and to all those who are for war, WAIT AND SEE WHEN YOUR HOME HAS THE **** BLOWN OUT OF IT. Ignorant muppets.
    I live in a 3 bedroomed semi detached house in Dublin. I can really see how the yanks could mistake my house for one of Saddam's many Presidential palaces.

*bangs head on table*
    is that what we 'talented youth' are reduced to. IMAGINE THE SITUATION U FRIKN MUPPET. Homo sapiens ignoramus (while the rest of us are Homo sapiens sapiens. yes that is correct)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 953 ✭✭✭superconor

i have gotton so used to my bathroom layout at night (out my door, turn left, walk 2 paces, flick switch and turn right..) that if i come out of some ones room like wen stayin over at someones house i have done that routine 3 or 4 times...

i have to sleep on the left side of a double bed, and i always face left in a bed (against the wall at my house, in my room. i wuv my room :) )

• Advertisement

onto the real topic of discussion: personal quirks
    i tend to be/have:
    1) very short fuse
    2) sleep on my right ear always. ???
    3) sleep for 10hrs a day and still feel bollocksed.???
    4) i do the IB instead of the LC (3 weeks of school left. hahahha)
    5) bore ppl a lot

Advertisement