Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Personal Quirks

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 6,560 ✭✭✭Woden

5) bore ppl a lot

you don't say. perhaps you should add

6) ranting off topic about the war in a quirks thread

you and the rest of them you wanna discuss it go to politics.

• Registered Users Posts: 337 ✭✭Green Hand Guy

I occassionally dance in my sleep.
    I almost constantly think about 3D geometric shapes.
    If I scratch one side of my head I have to scratch the other afterwards.
    I always feel like my hair is sticking out all over the place.
    I can't pass a mirror without making faces in it.
    Loud noises (like things banging together and stuff) make me feel SO happy with myself.
    I can't eat unless everyone else is either eating too or has turned down my offers of food many times.
    Whenever I'm at home alone I tend to sort of "dance move" everywhere.
    I constantly play music in my head to match the situation I'm in.
    I think Jar-jar Binks is cool.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,590 ✭✭✭lordsippa

Jar-Jar Binks. Just say no.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,738 ✭✭✭Barry Aldwell

Originally posted by lordsippa
    Jar-Jar Binks. Just say no.
    http://www.bbspot.com/News/2003/01/jaromir.html

• Registered Users Posts: 2,648 ✭✭✭smiles

Oh, and I have "smilies" turned off in every single one of my posts.

:P

<< Fio >>

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,328 ✭✭✭Sev

Yes.. as do I.. but that is not so much a quirk, but a respect for the traditional ascii appearance of the smiley. I also just don't particularly like the look of the :D smiley .gif image, one I use a lot.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 74 ✭✭:D mags :D

1: I always have to HAVE TO step on the second last step on stairs or steps with my left foot. I have been known to stop in the middle of walking up stairs, count how many there is to the top, and switch feet accordingly.
    2: I'm very stubborn, though thats not so much a quirk as a trait or summat.
    3: I click my teeth along to the beat of songs.
    4: Sometimes I see things in rough shapes, like how you would sketch them or summat.
    5: I have to sing along to songs I know. Especially in the car, really loud.

• Registered Users Posts: 895 ✭✭✭imp

Oh yes. I walk in synchronisation with what I am thinking. Putting a heel down is a syllable, putting the front down is another and so forth. If what I am thinking doesn't end up being easily divisible by four I get peeved.

I sometimes do it by moving my tongue instead... tipping the end of it off the back of the top teeth being one syllable, then sinking it to the bottom of my mouth being another. In this case it must be divisible by two.

I'm weird me.

}:>

6: I also have to walk in step with people. Even if I'm not beside them, or with them at all...

• Closed Accounts Posts: 458 ✭✭ll=llannah

oh, and I get very irritated and violent when pple destroy slinkies so that they are ruined forever and cannot be their slinky-ish self, and all tangled and knotty and ugly. hmph. slinky-killers. :mad:

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 406 ✭✭shep the malevolent pixie

Originally posted by Barry Aldwell
    No. Saddam must be deposed, and they're doing a bang up job at the moment. They have flattened one presidential palace, without damage to surrounding buildings.
    without damage to surrounding buildings??? the bombardment of baghdad last night was the largest ever undertaken, even bigger than the bombing of dresden in WW2. apart from the huge number of civilians injured, a head of state or his government are NOT military installations, and so NOT legitimate targets for military action.
    They find as little as a thimbleful of anthrax and the first Gulf War officially never ended. According to Fox News they have already found a WMD dump.
    fox news' information is NOT reliable. fox news belongs to the rupert murdoch group, which apart from its usual right wing politics obviously has an interest in seeing the war continue - can anyone tell me what sells newspapers? WAR... hans blix himself said that he had no evidence of iraq's continuing to retain chemical or biological weapons; does anyone really believe that if saddam had them, seeing as he has very little else in the way of weaponry, he wouldn't have already used them?
    Except ridding a country of a corrupt and evil dictator who right now has his own personal SS stationed in with the civilian occupants of Baghdad, and who ordered American uniforms for his troops so that he could fake shots of "American" troops killing Iraqi civilians.
    ok, saddam is a very bad man. but you want to talk about corrupt and evil dictators? pop quiz (as keanu would say): 234 million people in which country in the world are represented by an unelected leader? which war leader's world popularity is even lower than saddam hussein's? which war leader's (losing) election campaign was largely funded by the oil lobby and the companies who have been given contracts to reconstruct post-saddam iraq? and which war leader's father, secretary of defence and secretary of state have unfinished personal business with saddam? i'm talking about the usa and baby bush, the c student leader of the world's only superpower, obviously.
    And all wars are wars of aggression. Without aggression there is no war.
    a war of aggression, in case you missed the meaning of the terminology, is one not undertaken in direct self defence or mandated by the u.n. an illegal war, in other words.
    Got a problem with the war? Go be a human shield. The Republican Guard can't get enough of them.
    unfortunately, neither can the iraqi people.

sHep :cool:

[/RANT]

I think i'm scitzophrenic

No i don't

Yes I do

No....

I spout bull randomly. It's kinda like knowing the bursar... only he's in my mind. IN MY PHUCKING MIND!!!!? ?!?!?!? EEEEK!

• Registered Users Posts: 389 ✭✭Aliminator

Nicely said Shep.
    Friendly Fire. Retards. even more than u barry aldwell.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 430 ✭✭qwidgybo

oh yeah,usually while i'm walking,i have to walk in time with the song i'm listening to(either through my earphones or in my head)
    and i HAVE to sleep on my stomach,with one leg straight and one bent,while wrapping my duvet around me with the same arm as the leg that's bent,a bit like the recovery position.strangely,my sister,my dad,and my uncle all sleep in almost the exact same position too.madness...

Friendly Fire. Retards. even more than u barry aldwell.
    Nobody is more of a retard than Barry except for bush himself.

And bush's grandfather made weapons for the Nazis during WW2. How bush snr. got into power with that kind of family history I don't know.

And in reference to sleeping positions, I generally sleep rolled up in a ball, in a makeshift fortress of blankets and pillows with one of my arms bent under my head (which hurts like hell when I wake up).

• Closed Accounts Posts: 102 ✭✭Happy CTYI guy

Originally posted by shep the malevolent pixie
    without damage to surrounding buildings??? the bombardment of baghdad last night was the largest ever undertaken, even bigger than the bombing of dresden in WW2. apart from the huge number of civilians injured, a head of state or his government are NOT military installations, and so NOT legitimate targets for military action.
    [/RANT]
    What, Bush currently has approx 1,200 planes to throw at Baghdad, in one night?
    And about 200 civilians, a "huge number" compares in any way to about 80,000 dead?
    And I suppose Churchill would have cared that Hitler was not a "legitimate target" had he gotten a chance to kill him in 1944?
    Bush's grandfather made weapons for the nazis during WW2[/QUOTE
    what weapons did he make then?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 458 ✭✭ll=llannah

all that doesn't change the fact that Saddam needs to be gotten rid of. I don't like the way my stupid "president" is doing it but it's too late to focus on Bush's retardedness. How else can he be gotten rid of? I mean, he's obviously nuts and on the loose... I don't know. We never should have gotten involved in the first place. But now we are. dumb position we've dug ourselves into,eh? ugh.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 102 ✭✭Happy CTYI guy

I've heard other so called "intelligent people" call Reagan a retard, and he broke the back of the Soviet economy...

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,363 ✭✭✭Mystic Fibrosis

This is so INCREDIBLY off topic, but anyway...

The Arms Race broke the USSR. I suppose that's Reagan's fault, but the race was well underway anyway.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 953 ✭✭✭superconor

some more of me...

when im walking up my stairs i have to say little phrases, song lyrics or thoughts in my head as im going up, with each step a word. if it doesnt work out ill go down to the second flight or keep going up the second flight. i have to sleep on my left side with my right leg curled up and my left one straight. if im holding my house phone i have to flip it about. i have to sit on the 2 seater with its side to the t.v, lying down with my feet one on the top of the sofa one on the ground....

and peeps, stop going OT.....

• Registered Users Posts: 408 ✭✭purplepolkadot

and which war leader's father, secretary of defence and secretary of state have unfinished personal business with saddam? i'm talking about the usa and baby bush, the c student leader of the world's only superpower, obviously.

looks like someone else's been reading stupid white men...

and Oh My God, qwidgybo I have the EXACT same sleeping position, although when i'm sick i sleep like a corpse turned over on it's stomach.

Quirk: i get swing tunes in my head. like my way and i've got you under my skin and ain't that a kick in the head and i HAVE to either write out the lyrics or sing them at the top of my voice or i get real annoyed with myself. and if delicate by damien rice gets in my head i start tapping my nails on like a table or something hard and i do it so much my friends start singing it when they see me doing it. and i have some slloooooww friends.

7: I also act like theres someone watching me all the time, like someone somewhere that I know can see what im doing, like my whole lifes a movie or summat..........consequently I tend to think out loud a lot........when im on my own.............if Im thinking about someone I always imagine its them watching me, like in their crystal ball or something which of course everyone has one of except me!

Wow, Im awful odd............:rolleyes:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 430 ✭✭qwidgybo

purplepolkadot,we are so cool.

when i'm listening to my md player,i sometimes imagine i'm in a music video....

I have that weird "think my life is a movie" type paranoia aswell. I even imagine theme music sometimes. But crystal balls? No. It's more likely that they're hiding in hidden rooms around your house plotting new twists to add to your life.

hehe.. of course there are no crystal balls... nice underwear by the way. :)

When I'm alone and listening to music i always have to sing along... or when in company... or when there's no music...

• Closed Accounts Posts: 451 ✭✭Zukustious

Personal quirks eh? Well, I reproduce by pollinating. Word to the wise, unless you wish to be impregnated stay about twenty metres away from me.

• Registered Users Posts: 408 ✭✭purplepolkadot

when i'm listening to my md player,i sometimes imagine i'm in a music video....

:eek: oh bejesus. yeah i do that too. it's scary, that and the sleeping thing, yet somehow, cool.

and are you ALWAYS right no matter what?
    cos if you are we should get married and correct the human race.

Damn dykes. It's unnatural i tells ya!

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 1,363 ✭✭✭Mystic Fibrosis

mm, 1.5 lesbians......

Advertisement