Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Personal Quirks

Options
13»

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 430 ✭✭qwidgybo

Originally posted by purplepolkadot
    :eek: oh bejesus. yeah i do that too. it's scary, that and the sleeping thing, yet somehow, cool.

and are you ALWAYS right no matter what?
    cos if you are we should get married and correct the human race.

why,yes i am always right no matter what!(although i sometimes don't say anything,just to make other people feel better)what are you doing on tuesday?tuesday's a good day to get married....

• Closed Accounts Posts: 451 ✭✭Zukustious

Another personal quirk of mine:

I now believe that the universe is a muffin. The flavour is controled by the guy that controls death.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,266 ✭✭✭Rnger

Prancing around the house appears to be a popular one. I do that sometimes, when no ones around of course, and i have no idea why...

I eat alot of bowls of corn flakes and weatabix with sugar. When im about half-way through a bowl, all the sugar i put in (if i bother putting any in) sinks to the bottom. I begin to scrape the bottom then come up with the spoon getting some cereal too. I do lines across the bowl. I move it at a 45 degree angle at a time and scrape the bottom. I repeat until theres little left. Every bowl, every day....

• Registered Users Posts: 895 ✭✭✭imp

Oh yeah... one more... whenever I eat French bread I must eat it with the slice on the right hand side and the flat bit at the bottom.

}:>

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,590 ✭✭✭lordsippa

I take pictures

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,738 ✭✭✭Barry Aldwell

Originally posted by imp
    Oh yeah... one more... whenever I eat French bread I must eat it with the slice on the right hand side and the flat bit at the bottom.

}:>
    I do the exact same thing.

• Hosted Moderators Posts: 11,362 ✭✭✭✭Scarinae

Well, I have lots of habits like that but I've never really thought about them as being especially unusual before!

If I'm eating an apple or similar fruit like a pear I eat it into a sort of cuboid shape by levelling each of the four sides with my teeth
    If I'm eating a chickenburger I have to cut off all four sides then trim it into a perfect square then cut two diagonal lines across it making four little triangles - this makes nine pieces and I eat them sequentially
    When I'm eating anything I alternate sides of my mouth every three chews
    With packets of Maltesers or other sweets I eat them in threes wherever possible, or failing that in pairs, but if the number isn't divisible by 3 or 2 I give someone else the surplus
    When I used to eat Nesquik cereal I had to make an interesting pattern like a hexagon with the pieces of cereal on the spoon before I would eat it (easier than it sounds)
    When I'm eating a sandwich I nibble off the crusts then eat the sandwich into a semicircle and keep eating until its all gone
    When I'm eating carrot sticks I eat the outside bit first, then the section going down the centre thats much sweeter
    When I'm walking down staircases I walk in sets of three and try to end on my right foot
    I can't stand people leaving cupboard doors or drawers open, and I have to close them or else I can't concentrate on what I'm doing
    I always sleep on my right hand side with my legs tucked up
    I sometimes talk to people who aren't there without realising it
    I avoid cracks in the pavement wherever possible
    If someone has a bit of hair stuck to their jumper I have to pull it off (this can be a problem when its a stranger on a train or something)
    If something makes me think of lipbalm I have to put some on or I suddenly feel like my lips are parched and I won't be able to rest til I find some
    Sometimes I get urges to kick off my shoes and walk around without them, and sometimes I do this although teachers don't generally like it

Weirdly enough most of mine have to do with food, my brother used to say that I could invent a new and disgusting way of eating anything and he's probably right :)

Advertisement