Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

.img & .sub, What burn prog?

• 14-03-2003 7:22am
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,949 ✭✭✭

i dont have a ccd file for this so I dont think its for cloneCD.

any ideas for a prog that will burn this cd for me reliably?

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 20,346 ✭✭✭✭KdjaCL

Nero

CLick cancel on the Wizrad go to FILE BURN IMAGE and then CLick OTHER FILE TYPES and select the IMG file or SUB.

IN the next box that pops its important you check the top option so that the bottom part becomes greyed out.

kdjac

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,471 ✭✭✭elexes

fireburner
    tis very small program and afaik free

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,775 ✭✭✭Spacedog

hope you donmind me jumping in here with my own question. anyone know of a good dos based- command line cd burner prog?

Whats DOS :D

As far as i know 99% of cdburners are GUI as they use a few special drivers to operate the drive.

never heard of one that wasnt.
    kdjac

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,277 ✭✭✭DiscoStu

if you buy CDRWin you also get a pile of dos based command line progs that do everything cdrwin does. i dont know of any free ones.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,949 ✭✭✭SouperComputer

CLick cancel on the Wizrad go to FILE BURN IMAGE and then CLick OTHER FILE TYPES and select the IMG file or SUB.

will this take care of the subchannel data though? I opened the image with Winimage and extracted it to a directory and some of the setup files were not working. Gut feeling is that its the lack of subchannel data.

Depending on the file and where you got it.
    If your mate made it he probably didnt read it correctly.

But Nero will burn it as it sees it.
    You can mount it with Daemon tools and install from your HD but Nero should do it hasnt failed on me ever.

kdjac

• Moderators, Arts Moderators Posts: 35,479 Mod ✭✭✭✭pickarooney

Blindwrite handles .img and .sub files properly. I think it's free, or at least the demo version is free and does everything the full version does.

thanks folks, ill try those various progs and hopefully get a successful burn.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,130 ✭✭✭The Apprentice

I think thats nero he used..
    img is a nero img im nearly certain m8.. :)

• Advertisement

yea, but does nero record subchannel data?

Thats down to ure burner m8
    record subchannel data?

the older drives had that option starting to come in around the 8x or some of the good 4x,s and basically i,d say over a 24x ure nearly guarenteed to have it ..

http://www.lightningimports.co.uk/Fixes/formtxt.htm

Read up about it there... its like dao disc at once.. mainly used to read protected games i fink... ps2 and ps1 and pc

Advertisement