Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

A great trilogy

Options
  • 14-03-2003 10:29am
    Registered Users Posts: 3,779 ✭✭✭

I have just finished reading 'the reality dysfunction' trilogy

Fantastic books they where - I recomend anyone who likes sci-fi to read them :)

If anyone who has read them and knows of any smilar books, please reply and tell me.

Thankyou in advance :x

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 135 ✭✭Carpo

Yeah I found that series to be very entertaining even though I couldnt take it at all seriously (it was a bit silly in fairness)

Almost like a hollywood blockbuster for the bookworld.

If you liked them you might try the Hyperion/Endymion series by Dan Simmons (the second book Fall of Hperion is one of my all time fav's)

• Registered Users Posts: 3,779 ✭✭✭Ping Chow Chi

I quiet liked the fact the science in it wasnt as full on as some can be :)

funny that you should mention hyperion, as a work mate is going to lend me that book

• Closed Accounts Posts: 135 ✭✭Carpo

The first book 'Hyperion' is a bit strange as its almost a collection of short-stories rather than a novel (still good tho...dont let that put you off). But you need to read it for 'Fall of Hyperion' to make sense and as I say....class book :)

• Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 9,710 Mod ✭✭✭✭Manach

I really enjoyed this trilogy. One criticism is that Hamilton tried to wrap up the 3rd book too neatly, leaving a contrived ending.
    I read his latest pb "Fallen Dragon". Very interesting ideas within but I don't think he maintains the same level of interest as the Reality Dysfunction.

• Registered Users Posts: 459 ✭✭Sesudra

the Dune series is pretty good "hard" sci-fi,as is anything by Iain M.Banks."Consider Plebias" is one of my fav books

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,722 ✭✭✭Thorbar

I loved the Nightdawn series although I felt the ending left the rest of the books down a small bit. Still well worth reading.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,560 ✭✭✭Woden

"the Dune series is pretty good "hard" sci-fi,as is anything by Iain M.Banks."Consider Plebias" is one of my fav books"

i'm currently reading all of Iain M. Banks stuff just started Feersum Endjinn today, have to say i thought that "The player of Games" was the best one he wrote so far. Found it the most enjoyable. Have to say though i find his books difficult to read due to his writing style and stuff. I've spoke to other people about this and know i'm not alone (and hopefully not thick :) ).

Advertisement