Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

advice needed

• 14-03-2003 11:02am
    Closed Accounts Posts: 495 ✭✭

I started a new job at the beginning of this month, and I have found out that it is not for me. I do not like the job, and I do not feel I will be happy considering the prospects.

I have now come across a job that does suit me, and I have an interview next week.

do I mention my current job? I left it off my CV intentionally, so that it would leave me the option to start about it or not. I didn't want to scare off any potential emplyoyers with a job that lasted two and a half weeks at the top of my CV.

Should I do the decent thing an tell them that I have a position at the moment, or just let it "hang"

any advice welcome.

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 20,346 ✭✭✭✭KdjaCL

How did you get your present job?
    Did you leave another to take that one?
    If so dont tell the new guys about it.
    If asked what you are doing now say helping a mate.

kdjac

• Closed Accounts Posts: 495 ✭✭Beëlzebooze

no, thankfully I didn't leave a job to get the present one, it was just the end of a contract.

the job I am going for next week is absolutely drop dead gorgeous, the pay is also well over my expectations, I just hope I don't fcuk up the interview. I hope that I am the person they are lookinf for!

Advertisement