Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Drop Bertie not bombs!

Options
  • 14-03-2003 12:57pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 175 ✭✭

Last night I nearly puked at the sight of our so called leader "Bertie" kissing GWB's ass in the Whitehouse.

It seems that the spineless ars*licking toady Bertie has agreed on everything that moron bush had to say about the war on terror and worse still the war on Iraq.

Bertie hinted strongly that Shannon would remain open for US Military business should there be no second UN resolution.

Why can't we have a leader with some backbone ?

A leader who would at least stand up and say that he agreed to disagree over some issues with GWB??

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5 Brendan

I sent my thoughts to taoiseach
    Talk about spineless.
    Austria are neutral and do not allow any US military aircraft into their airspace never mind making sure they have enough guns and oil before sending them on their way.

It really was cringe material Taoiseach

• Closed Accounts Posts: 531 ✭✭✭juno75

Yeah, makes me sick

The only think i can think off is if no resolution then war and he still lets shannon be used then he is whipping up a **** storm for himself the I dont think he relizez- 100,000 people marching peacefully? I reckon it would be twice that and they not gonna be happy bunnys.
    If he ignores us to that level I think he will be checking out the jobs board at FAS before you can sat arselicker

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,712 ✭✭✭davelerave

i heard his speech with george bush and i thought he made clear he wanted it sorted through the UN

He says he wants it sorted through the UN , of course he says that but that aint gonna happen and everyone can see that.
    When Bush goes in with just UK,Spain etc I have this nasty feeling that bertie is gonna justify in some way OUR continued support with the infrastructure of this so called 'war' .
    This is not a war. It is a Texas style execution of a country.

• Moderators, Business & Finance Moderators, Music Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 4,499 Mod ✭✭✭✭Blade

I really don't think Bertie will be that stupid to let them use Shannon if they start a war without the benefit of a second UN resolution. Theres a lot of people who aren't really that bothered about the Americans being in Shannon at the moment but if Bertie crosses this line he's going to have a serious problem on his hands. Let's wait and see though, I'm not too worried about it yet.

• Advertisement

I'm not so sure blade seeing as this govenment is just so brazen about everything else it does and the fact he has already hinted that he would let shannon countinue to be used regardless of UN.
    In a way I would like him to let it be used just so I can see him reap the whirl wind
    Its us or them Bertie:(

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,712 ✭✭✭davelerave

Originally posted by Blade
    I really don't think Bertie will be that stupid to let them use Shannon if they start a war without the benefit of a second UN resolution. Theres a lot of people who aren't really that bothered about the Americans being in Shannon at the moment but if Bertie crosses this line he's going to have a serious problem on his hands. Let's wait and see though, I'm not too worried about it yet.

we'll do whatever the us wants,thats unwritten gov policy
    i'm sure

Advertisement